Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coca Cola kid, £250,000 and ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
It may (or may not) be fact, but it also a loaded statement, and you are shit-stirring again, Brian.

Not at all. I do not believe that everything in the garden is as rosy as we are lead to believe.

DK has done a tremendous job and nobody not even me could deny that but that is in the past we are now talking of our future and unless MM is given the money to strengthen the side in obvious positions we will be in a relegation battle again. I for one have seen too many of those over the last 55 years.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No-one is saying the garden is in the slightest bit rosy - apart from you in order to deny this concept.

Once again, we come back to the age-old questions, ones which you hint at having the answer to, yet clam up when direct asked - where is this new money coming from, and who are these people?

For the millionth time, no-one in their right minds is going to invest in a club which has no guaranteed future - a point which will be sorted one way or the other by the end of this month.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As you say it will be sorted at the end of October but meanwhile can we afford to drop points until then.

Oh ye of little faith SOMEBODY with money will come in then have no fear.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bollocks to dropping points, that's pride messing with your head, man. I am just appreciative of our existence. Naturally, I would prefer to have points AND a stable future.

But it would have been nice if whoever they were had come in when we REALLY needed it, though. That's the real test of faith.

Last edited:

larus

BensGrandad said:
As you say it will be sorted at the end of October but meanwhile can we afford to drop points until then.

Oh ye of little faith SOMEBODY with money will come in then have no fear.

No, we can afford to drop points.
We can afford to be relegated.

We CAN'T afford to not have a permanant, proper stadium.

And I don't want someone to come in and take the club over just because they can see the chance to make a fast buck, as per your associates in the past. If they care about the club, they would be investing now to build a better team.

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Richie Morris said:
The money could have been better spent no question.

CKR might be good in a few years but we need good NOW.

He does not put himself about enough for quite a stocky bloke.

Should have SPUNKED all our dosh on Lee Trundle, John Harley and Carl Asaba then got a midfielder in on loan.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have watched Albion for over 30 years and CK-R is the worst signing since Mark Farringtom imho.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
TLO

He is very very slow ( 100 metres in 19 seconds ), he is cumbersome, he can't pass the ball very well, he cannot hit the target, he does not get involved, he can't tackle, he has a bad attitude, apart from that, yep , he's a great signing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a joke but he is incredibly slow you have to admit.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The biggest thing that a lot of fans seem to fail to understand or realise, is that players just DO NOT WANT to come to us... they see the ground as it currently stands, and know they will be in for a khazi of a time until we get to Falmer.
McGhee has stated that several established players have been in initial talks with us during his tenure (and previous managers) and they've not fancied it because of the restrictions we play under... some Premiership clubs have REFUSED their players a loan move to us, because they feel it will harm their development coming here.... until Falmer!

Therefore I think IMHO, that McGhee, Knight, the club etc really are doing the right thing in investing in younger players, and their development will be reaped in the coming seasons...
... this has nothing to do with my link to Kaz, I just see it as common sense and clever breeding.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If you look at how Jarrett has improved, there's got to be a lot of promise from CKR.

His touch is very good, he plays some nice passes and he's got a BIG shot on him. All these things happen in flashes - he'll surely get more consistent with more experience.

I don't think he looks that great in the air but we seem intent on using him as a target man. Play it into his feet and get him running at people - that's when he seems a real handful.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Uncle Spielberg said:
TLO

He is very very slow ( 100 metres in 19 seconds ), he is cumbersome, he can't pass the ball very well, he cannot hit the target, he does not get involved, he can't tackle, he has a bad attitude, apart from that, yep , he's a great signing.

Leon Knight last season? Now the penny dropping on a young man, look at him this season.

You are far, far too quick to judge a developing young footballer.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
The Large One said:
:D :D :D

OK, let's see how many respond to that wind-up.

Me for one :eek: You obviously never saw Farrington if you think CKR is worse :jester:

CKR may or may not turn out to be any good but NO WAY could he ever be worse than Farrington unless he changed his name to Richard Tiltman :D

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
TLO

He is very very slow ( 100 metres in 19 seconds ),

I was running it in 13 seconds when I was 14. I reckon I'd still be able to do it in 19 secs at 40 years old and unfit. I haven't seen him live but i don't believe any professional sportsman would run it that slow.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BensGrandad said:
In 55 years I have seen many worse than CKR so be grateful for small mercies.

I belive that he has the potential to offer us more than Jake Robinson

I don't wish to be rude , but f*** off Brian

What is this sudden " lets all have a go at Jake " come from. No-one was comparing jake with CKR, they are different players...CKR likes to hold the ball...play it and look for a return...jakey likes to take it down, turn and run at players.

I must sit there with blinkers on, because everytime Jakey either starts or comes on he changes games.....defenders hate little squirts who run at them...as it showed on saturday, having a target man plays into the hands of giants like the Norwich back two.

We played really well against Plymouth ( who yes were dreadful because we made them look dreadful) by keeping it on the ground, giving it to jake and running at them...they hated every minute of it!!!

BTW CKR is a very good young prospect and should be viewed as that....more concerning is the Argie who doesn't get a look in.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Re: Re: Coca Cola kid, £250,000 and ?

Ernest said:
I couldn't have put that more eloquently myself :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I reackon you could have done Ernest!!!

Anyway, Dick Tight, and the boys have NO cash, and I mean no cash!! The club is living on borrowed time. We are going down this season, unless McGoo pulls something out of said hat, and I have to state that is unlikely. A team with 7 strikers for ***ks sake, and only Leon and Jake are up to it. The Argy cost £100K plus and he is fit and not on the bench, what does that say? A left back that I could nearly run quicker than (and that is saying something) a midfield bereft of ideas. So who IS any good?

Kuipers
Henderson
McShane
Carole
Hammond
Chippy (just)
Leon
Jake

Not seen enough of:

Frutos

Also where the hell is Dick going to get £54mm for the ground? I think he has no chance and boys don't be suprised if you don't see the new temporary seats at the Withdean at Falmer!!

Has anyone asked how much the club expects fans to contribute? Also How much has Perry put into the club, and how much has he drawn over the last few years?

Fair or not??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here