Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conor Gallagher ?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Very good young player, he could become one of the best players in the country..if he is at the right club with the right players and manager. which I think Brighton would be for him.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Valuations:

Caicedo £105m
Sanchez £25m

Gallagher £40m
Colwill £40m
+ cash £50m

Tony Bloom wouldn’t throw away £50m cash, because it’s all about getting Colwill.
Yeah he’s very good with money but I think colwill got in to our hearts and could be a dunk in the making.

Wow. I remember when we signed CMS and thought it was crazy money 😁

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You don’t play for the current England team if you are crap

Good player . Would Ben a good signing

Not confident this rumour has any legs though . Would imagine a bigger club would be his preferred option

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Billy Gilmour and Undav were looking very underwhelming til a few moments ago. The player is in there and it would be a case of RDZ etc finding it again. That said, I don’t think it’ll happen.
He was the best player by far for Chelsea in the away game (not saying a lot maybe) but he put a shift in, has a lot of drive and passion . Just needs better channeling and more discipline. I think he would be a good acquisition.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Hmmm...hard working, but in a dog-chasing-a-balloon kind of way. Plenty of enthusiasm but not much quality IMO. He stood out at Palace of course because the rest of their team is utter dreck. I don't see him fitting into an RDZ system, I don't think he has the intelligence.
This was my initial thoughts as I don’t see his ability on the ball fitting into an RDZ system i.e. receiving a ball under pressure / playing 1 touch football in that situation. But with RDZ’s coaching ability there’s a chance he could well turn him into a player that fits our system well

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This analysis is more than a year old so a little out of date.

But, I can’t help agreeing with a lot of it. For me, he is lacking in the skill sets RDZ is interested in which are build-up play, passing and decision making.

I’d be shocked if we were interested in a player with his particular strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think he is a player that suits possession football.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This was my initial thoughts as I don’t see his ability on the ball fitting into an RDZ system i.e. receiving a ball under pressure / playing 1 touch football in that situation. But with RDZ’s coaching ability there’s a chance he could well turn him into a player that fits our system well
Possibly.
But financially, he's just not worth the risk. He's an Everton type of signing.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He got 8 goals (0 penalties) from midfield in 34 Premier League game for a very average Palace team, that is really excellent. He’s got a knack for scoring goals that very few central midfielders have. Add to that he can pass the ball and he’s got bags of energy and can play at high intensity, he would comfortably fit into a RDZ side. The fouls/bookings come with being a combative central midfielder.

Of course he’d be a very good signing for us and would go straight into our starting team. This happens everytime we’re linked with established English/PL players - they get roundly criticised on here and we get told they’re not as good as what we have already which is not true.

May 16, 2023
You don’t play for the current England team if you are crap

Good player . Would Ben a good signing

Not confident this rumour has any legs though . Would imagine a bigger club would be his preferred option
I'll see you G. Southgate and raise you H. Maguire

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
palace fan here as you know.

IMHO, first half of the season with us he was great but not so good after Xmas, runs around a lot but with the ball he does lose possession a lot and often because of that leaves big holes in the midfield.

Because of the way he played was quite often blowing out of his arse after an hour.

Would I like him at Palace , yes but not concerned if he went elsewhere as he was never our player and always wanted to play for Chelsea as he is a big Chelsea fan. ( which sort of put me off him )

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
palace fan here as you know.

IMHO, first half of the season with us he was great but not so good after Xmas, runs around a lot but with the ball he does lose possession a lot and often because of that leaves big holes in the midfield.

Because of the way he played was quite often blowing out of his arse after an hour.

Would I like him at Palace , yes but not concerned if he went elsewhere as he was never our player and always wanted to play for Chelsea as he is a big Chelsea fan. ( which sort of put me off him )
Nicely covered just in case we do get him haha

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was the best player by far for Chelsea in the away game (not saying a lot maybe) but he put a shift in, has a lot of drive and passion . Just needs better channeling and more discipline. I think he would be a good acquisition.
Thought the Ukrainian winger was better myself. Tested Veltman from the start, used the ball well and nearly got them an undeserved point at the end.

Gallagher was just usual huff and puff….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here