Coppell to Palace?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rumours site says Holloway will be appointed at Selhurst before Monday which would be good for us on Saturday if true.

Please give me just ONE good reason why he'd even attend an interview.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Rumours site says Holloway will be appointed at Selhurst before Monday which would be good for us on Saturday if true.

tumblr_m7cf2leqhv1qesu6p.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sees them as a better promotion prospect than Blackpool's aging side. Possibly has a property reasonably local having been at QPR. Easier commute to his Devon home.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is a very good possibility, as I said, that he he owns a property in or around London from his days at QPR. At the peak of their career most players buy a property near to the club they are playing for. I read that as Liam Brady moved he bought a house near each club in such diverse areas as London and Glasow from his days at West Ham and Celtic plus he owned one in Hertfordshire from his days at Arsenal..

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
It is a very good possibility, as I said, that he he owns a property in or around London from his days at QPR. At the peak of their career most players buy a property near to the club they are playing for. I read that as Liam Brady moved he bought a house near each club in such diverse areas as London and Glasow from his days at West Ham and Celtic plus he owned one in Hertfordshire from his days at Arsenal..

Doesn't mean he wants to manage Barnet though does it. :lol:

Fur Cough

So any player who's ever played "In or around London" could be in the frame.

No shit Sherlock.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Palace are not looking for players but a proven manager, who they can afford and they are thinner on the ground. Having a property in that area could be a swaying influence in taking or not taking the job. Just a possibility and it adds to the rumours site idea of Holloway taking the job this weekend.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It is a very good possibility, as I said, that he he owns a property in or around London from his days at QPR.

For the last three years of his QPR career, Holloway commuted daily from Bristol to London, a 250-mile round trip, so the children could attend a deaf school in Bristol.

During the gap between leaving Leicester and his appointment as Blackpool manager, Holloway became involved with the self-sufficiency movement, acquiring a brood of chickens and learning sufficient carpentry to build what he described as "Orpington Manor". When he moved north after taking over at Blackpool, the family brought with them their 33 chickens, three horses, two dogs and two ducks. After they settled in to their home near Pendle Hill, Blackpool's groundsman, Stan Raby, gifted them seven turkeys.​

Ian Holloway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(and if you're sceptical of wikipedia, the source for him living near Pendle Hill is http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1324990/Ian-Holloway-The-weird-wonderful-wild-life-Blackpool-boss.html and the source for hm making the round trip rather than moving to qpr is Blackpool rock to Holloway's beat - Soccer, Sport - Independent.ie)

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Latest rumour , steve doesnt want a managers roll but a dof role which we arnt keen on prefering a normal manager / assistant role . So he has reccomended carl robinson of mk dons , guess we will find out after saturday .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace are not looking for players but a proven manager, who they can afford and they are thinner on the ground. Having a property in that area could be a swaying influence in taking or not taking the job. Just a possibility and it adds to the rumours site idea of Holloway taking the job this weekend.

Mick mccarthy has a house in bickley ( 5 miles away ) and his daughter works for palace .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports