Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Bellamy / Daily Mail - sheep-sh***er - racism (merged)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Craig Bellamy maybe has a different nationality from most Albion fans. But he is the same race. If it's racist abuse to call him a sheep shagger, in racial terms it's abuse against one of our own.

I'm sure no-one would dare suggest that Albion fans are self-abusers.

I found out singing "who ate all the pies, you fat bastard, you fat bastard" is also racist in certain football grounds

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
The Kick it out campaign has been very successful, but this is ridiculous. Although I do expect it to be a case of they had to investigate a complaint, and nothing will come of it.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
"A fan who claims to have witnessed the recent abuse said: 'The abuse was often slow, sinister and deliberate.'"

Well it wasnt Brighton fans then, we cant sing slow.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
He plays for Liverpool, if he played for a team underneath the upper echelons of the Premier League he wouldn't even be on the radar, and the Daily Smear wouldn't give a toss.

Remember, football as we know it was born in 1992

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Let's support a gay fan complaining against half the teams who play us then.

Is the Daily Mail becoming the paper of political correctness now?

If a fan is gay then there is no case of abuse as what the opposition fans chant is actually correct (does your BF know you are here etc). The only way they could act is if a fan was straight and took offence at the chants.

As for the Daily Mail being the paper of PC I thought they always were. Only thing missing from that article was the obligatory reference to Princess Di :)

It has always baffled me how quickly the accusations of racism levelled at Brighton supporters by Phil Prosser, a certain ref, disappeared. Did the FA investigate the matter? If so what were the findings? Once again this whole Political correctness nonsense is showing us how pathetic it is. If the likes of Mr Bellamy can't put up with a little bit of GENTLE ribbing I suggest he should he turns his talents to something else.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Ignoring the "is it racism?" debate (I would consider it more regionism). Trying to provoc players like Bellamy and Barton always comes back to bite you on the bum (some of our supporters might like that) as it gets them going. At the spurs match it was almost instant once parts of the north stand chanted it at Gareth bale.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It has always baffled me how quickly the accusations of racism levelled at Brighton supporters by Phil Prosser, a certain ref, disappeared. Did the FA investigate the matter? If so what were the findings? Once again this whole Political correctness nonsense is showing us how pathetic it is. If the likes of Mr Bellamy can't put up with a little bit of GENTLE ribbing I suggest he should he turns his talents to something else.

I believe Neil Warnock (Sheffield United manager at the game) spoke up in our defence.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If a fan is gay then there is no case of abuse as what the opposition fans chant is actually correct (does your BF know you are here etc). The only way they could act is if a fan was straight and took offence at the chants.

As for the Daily Mail being the paper of PC I thought they always were. Only thing missing from that article was the obligatory reference to Princess Di :)

Football not facing up to the fact that gay people might watch the game or, perish the thought, even play the game is like something from the 1950s.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

It's not Bellamy who has complained is it?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
For five years I was a firefighter and they called me Dave the fireman...for 3 years, I was a postman, and they called me Dave the post...for 2 years I was a baker, and they called me Dave the Baker...

I f*** ONE sheep!!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Screen shot 2011-10-10 at 13.13.37.png
I fail to see the issue

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
What are the Daily Mail, bleating on about? I am surprised the RSPCA aren't complaining about sheep abuse!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Racist Brighton

Here

Can of worms I think, If so then half the clubs in the UK would be fined, also what about everyone being homophobic to us?

I think we should blame [MENTION=498]Braders[/MENTION] as he can clearly be seen in the photo on the DM page!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here