Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail Smith, You are the weakest link.... Goodbye

I remember his first touch against leeds where he controlled the ball and piroutted past 2 defenders in one movement.

That was an excellent first touch, thus dismissing the 'factual' statement that he doesn't have a first touch...

But of course, I don't want to be picky....

One swallow does not make a summer.

I was firmly in the give him time camp, I'm now firmly in the get rid or play to his strength camp. One of which will happen soon I think and I can't see Gus changing his style.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Expectations were always going to be sky high when he signed for zillions and Poyet said he was going to build the team around him,but regretably he has failed to put in sufficient consistent performances to warrant even half his fee.
I may be missing something,but I really can't see a Prem team like Norwich wanting him unless it was for a much reduced fee.Don't know what, if anything, will happen with him in January.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's been very good all season but had a poor game last night. My opinion. He's not got the best touch, he's not the best finisher (altho can be good sometimes) but i just love his energy and passion. I do think a lot of people are judging him differently cos it's the most money we've spent on a player by a huge distance. I'm def #teamCMS and proud - but we do need another striker which is clear for all to see...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
First touch ?

His touch was rather good just 2 weeks ago against Charlton controlling ball on first touch and then scoring from 20 yards out.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He's been very good all season but had a poor game last night. My opinion. He's not got the best touch, he's not the best finisher (altho can be good sometimes) but i just love his energy and passion. I do think a lot of people are judging him differently cos it's the most money we've spent on a player by a huge distance. I'm def #teamCMS and proud - but we do need another striker which is clear for all to see...

I agree.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First touch ?

His touch was rather good just 2 weeks ago against Charlton controlling ball on first touch and then scoring from 20 yards out.

You're not allowed to mention any of the other 15 games where he's been good just focus on the poor game last night. tut tut ;)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

ditto ,this ,agree.............he is like a newly sprouted coconut waiting to be pushed towards a big , f*** off beach , where he can grow and prosper.........at the moment he's stuck up a drain pipe in stockport.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last night, for the first time ever, I was off my seat calling him a fvcking c**t when he squandered that 1st half chance from 2 yards out. I love the guy but the sheer frustration is doing my head in.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
I can't be bothered to trawl 10 pages of 'CMS bashing' but am wondering if the point that he won us the pen last night has been made?

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Last night, for the first time ever, I was off my seat calling him a fvcking c**t when he squandered that 1st half chance from 2 yards out. I love the guy but the sheer frustration is doing my head in.

And you're proud enough of that to share it on here. You sound like the kind of supporter every club needs. Fair enough having a general swear up due to frustration but to aim it directly at a specific player is out of order mate. Just my take on it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That chance from '1 yard' out, was difficult. The ball was quick, and at an awkward height. Not was easy as it seemed.

You're def correct. It was also slightly behind him too. Of course he should have scored but it wasn't a black and white miss from 2 yards as some are making out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, and every other home game this season I've stayed behind and applauded him off the pitch. I think in certain circumstances there's nothing wrong with giving the players a bit of grief. Just my take on it.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
So clapping him off from time to time is fair enough justification for calling him a f****ing c**t once in a while. Sounds reasonable

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So clapping him off from time to time is fair enough justification for calling him a f****ing c**t once in a while. Sounds reasonable
Don't worry. I doubt he went seeking him out to call him that to his face. He probably, you know, got frustrated* sitting in his seat watching CMS play like he is leading the line for a pub team.

*LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
He did have a bad game last night but saying that he did get the penalty when brought down for David Lopez to score.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He did have a bad game last night but saying that he did get the penalty when brought down for David Lopez to score.

Lucky he did get brought down otherwise he probably would have fallen over his own feet trying to take the shot.

Was it Barnes who had the first air shot before the ball got to CMS? Couldn't quite see.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't worry. I doubt he went seeking him out to call him that to his face. He probably, you know, got frustrated* sitting in his seat watching CMS play like he is leading the line for a pub team.

*LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

Genuine question Simster, do you think overall this season his performances have been good / better etc than last season? I really think he's been good this season on the whole, although did have a stinker last night.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lucky he did get brought down otherwise he probably would have fallen over his own feet trying to take the shot.

Was it Barnes who had the first air shot before the ball got to CMS? Couldn't quite see.

Yep! Again! Our attackers do seem to go to pieces at times when the goal is gaping!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Yes. Yes it is. It's called being a football fan who cares about their team and has watched them for 35 years, and gets occasionally driven to distraction when our record signing and best-ever paid player can't hit a f***ing barn door from two yards on a weekly basis.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
CMS is good at running into the channels and not bad at running at defenders with the ball. He's pretty hopeless with his back to goal, holding the ball up, first touch, first time passes are pretty iffy, and he's too small to be a threat in the air from crosses.

Unfortunately for him our system requires him to be good at all the things he's pretty poor at.

He would prosper a lot better in another team who are more direct and playing 4-4-2 with a bigger strike partner laying it off/ holding it up for him to latch on to the bits and pieces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here