Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I hope Crawley stay up.

I want Sussex clubs to do well.

All this rubbish about them being thugs. We’re a bit precious aren’t we.

They played very well against us and at times it was hard to tell who was the more experienced team.

Yes, that challenge could well have been a red (definitely a yellow). Yes, the later offense was a red card. But really, aside from that it was a physical game and I’ve seen worse.

We need to stop getting our knickers in a twist about it and hope that another Sussex club does well.

That’s until I’m at Lewes entertaining Worthing. Or At Hurstpierpoint entertaining Hassocks (scum!)
35 years or so ago, would we have been lapping up a challenge like that from Hans Kraay or Doug Rougvie?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
35 years or so ago, would we have been lapping up a challenge like that from Hans Kraay or Doug Rougvie?
I take your point, and it is probably correct.

But it doesn't make Jay Williams' tackle acceptable, just because we may have celebrated similar tackles by our own players, a generation or two ago.

We have moved on. So must Crawley. Until they do, it is right and proper that we continue to hate the b******* and hope they get relegated out of the league. IMHO.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This BBC article, detailing how Chagossians have been excluded from negotiations to give back the Chagos Islands (minus Diego Garcia) to Mauritius, is at the very least, unsettling. To hand back Diego Garcia was probably never an option, but we could, and should, have handled it better.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This BBC article, detailing how Chagossians have been excluded from negotiations to give back the Chagos Islands (minus Diego Garcia) to Mauritius, is at the very least, unsettling. To hand back Diego Garcia was probably never an option, but we could, and should, have handled it better.

So we've handed back Crawley but kept Diego Garcia ?

Can he play left back ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here