Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I think your lucky that there is 3 or 4 other teams who are absolute pile of poo. You are marginally better than a pile of poo, so I think you will be safe with a few games to go.

Fulham
West Ham
Cardiff
with Norwich hanging on by there teeth.

A pile of poo by Premier League standards, you mean?

It's important to remember that Palace, Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff and Norwich all have significantly better players than Brighton and would likely be looking at automatic promotion this season if their squads were in the Championship.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think your lucky that there is 3 or 4 other teams who are absolute pile of poo. You are marginally better than a pile of poo, so I think you will be safe with a few games to go.

Fulham
West Ham
Cardiff
with Norwich hanging on by there teeth.

Maybe the difference could be that those clubs are all showing they are prepared to strengthen in this window, something Palace are showing they are not currently prepared or are able to do. With those clubs you mentioned strengthening it is going to be an interesting last half to the season.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Maybe the difference could be that those clubs are all showing they are prepared to strengthen in this window, something Palace are showing they are not currently prepared or are able to do. With those clubs you mentioned strengthening it is going to be an interesting last half to the season.

Pulis is expecting 3 players in before the deadline. Mohamed Sissoko (Juventus, Liverpool, PSG, etc.) is expected to sign. I appreciate he's no Aaron Wilbraham but he's not half bad :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Palace have as much chance to stay up as all the teams struggling in the Premiership and to be honest, I can do without them coming to Brighton and whooping our arse again. Time to face facts they are just a better team then us at the moment and would probably beat us if we played them now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Palace have as much chance to stay up as all the teams struggling in the Premiership and to be honest, I can do without them coming to Brighton and whooping our arse again. Time to face facts they are just a better team then us at the moment and would probably beat us if we played them now.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Could you not let us down gently!?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Pulis is expecting 3 players in before the deadline. Mohamed Sissoko (Juventus, Liverpool, PSG, etc.) is expected to sign. I appreciate he's no Aaron Wilbraham but he's not half bad :)

He won't sell him, he will be an important player in the Pulis Hoofball game, as Pulis has demonstrated by having him in the squad as soon as he was allowed to use players out of the 25.

Have you increased your offer to Sissoko then, the last I heard he had refused your terms. And are any of these three, the ones that Pulis said you would have in as soon as the transfer window opened?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I would hope they are better than us now, they have the majority of last seasons squad still there and must have spent almost £20 mill bringing in 16 more players.
Give us the same amount of money to spend on players and I think we could well end up better then them and their scatter gun approach.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would hope they are better than us now, they have the majority of last seasons squad still there and must have spent almost £20 mill bringing in 16 more players.
Give us the same amount of money to spend on players and I think we could well end up better then them and their scatter gun approach.

In all fairness do you know how bitter that sounds.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why on earth is that bitter, stating the FACT they have brought in 16 players and improved their team. Do you think if we brought in 16 players now we would not improve then?

It sounds bitter to me, just let it go Mr Headband.

Bringing in 16 players is no guarantee that your team will improve especially when some of them are ineligible to even play.

Why on earth is that bitter, stating the FACT they have brought in 16 players and improved their team. Do you think if we brought in 16 players now we would not improve then?

It does sound bitter though, almost like your accusing them of frittering away the winfall where we would have spent it wisely.

Fact is, we never got the windfall because they did a job on us, in our own back yard, in the biggest game we've had for decades (apart from Hereford)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It does sound bitter though, almost like your accusing them of frittering away the winfall where we would have spent it wisely.

Fact is, we never got the windfall because they did a job on us, in our own back yard, in the biggest game we've had for decades (apart from Hereford)

Hold on a minute, I am not on their board posting stuff like this:

A pile of poo by Premier League standards, you mean?

It's important to remember that Palace, Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff and Norwich all have significantly better players than Brighton and would likely be looking at automatic promotion this season if their squads were in the Championship.

But having said that I will not try disguise my genuine dislike for that club, it is true.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex

:clap2:Like it, mind you it will only be 1-0 !!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
He won't sell him, he will be an important player in the Pulis Hoofball game, as Pulis has demonstrated by having him in the squad as soon as he was allowed to use players out of the 25.

Have you increased your offer to Sissoko then, the last I heard he had refused your terms. And are any of these three, the ones that Pulis said you would have in as soon as the transfer window opened?

One of them is supposedly Tom Ince, who after concluding his tour of the UK might have decided to sign for us if the papers are to be believed. :clap2:
If Vucinic signs for Arsenal we'll be back in for Bendtner and he should be open to the move considering he'd agreed to sign for us in the Summer.
Also Ivan Ramis was at the training ground yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here