Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Gus...

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I didn't go last night because of work. But after reading what Gus said, I'm dissapointed because this was a great chance for a cup run, and maybe a possible chance to play at Wembley and fantastic day out. But to say he doesn't care, is just not on. IMO.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I didn't go last night because of work. But after reading what Gus said, I'm dissapointed because this was a great chance for a cup run, and maybe a possible chance to play at Wembley and fantastic day out. But to say he doesn't care, is just not on. IMO.

I agree.I am old fashioned enough to believe that we should care and that we can't afford not to!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just me that thought we played well then? :shrug:

Nope. If you go on the match ratings thread you'll see a few of us saw the same game you saw. Where we completely played them off the park in the first half.

But you remember, we LOST therefore the 6 years old's logic is we must've been s**t. NO team has EVER played well and LOST. It is UNPOSSIBLE.

UNPOSSIBLE!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Not to fuseed, thought we gave it a pretty good go, just a bit hesitant which is understand able would you really like bennet or murray injured or 6months or banned for three games? Not worth risk for JPT. I went and wanted to check out our play more etc not because I was expecting a win tbh. I thought BAZ was brilliant and was reminded once again why Bennet is too good for us in this league.

Worth £10 to watch it and get excited for the MKDongs game, what else would I be doing tv, NSC pub? Much more fun tbh.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i really dont have anytime for the jpt and totally agree with gus's comments

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Also, did anyone else notice Gus go mental when Murray missed the penalty, and immediately called for Baz to come and replace him? Almost seemed as though he was being substituted purely for the penalty miss. Bizzare.

Was it because he was going mental before the penalty was taken as he did not want Murray to take it?

Someone near us was saying rather loudly they understood that Spaz was the penalty taker now?

For the record I thought we played well right up until the goal, which was unlucky with its contributary factors, we then picked it up again and did well until half time. Early 2nd half goal disappointing and penalty miss saw the heads go down. Substitutions did not add to the game then and it petered out.

Also I would not like to get in the way of one of Baz's hard shots.

Finally, how well did Tommy turn and shoot right near the end.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
The clue was on the Brighton website a few days before the game. The posting has gone now (well I cant find it) but it said something along the lines of

"A strong Albion XI will take on Leyton Orient on Wednesday night"

Now to me when any team is named followed by XI it means its a team of reserve, fringe and youth players, like Crawley vs Chelsea XI, you never get the full chelsea team.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Now to me when any team is named followed by XI it means its a team of reserve, fringe and youth players, like Crawley vs Chelsea XI, you never get the full chelsea team.

bar kishishev not being in there, id say that WAS our strongest 11 available on the night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here