Decent cafe for a Full English near Brighton station?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This. Its called the bystander. Mentioned in one of the first responses. Ask for the Gutbuster. A proper full english.

I tbought The Gut Buster is the Market Diner.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I tbought The Gut Buster is the Market Diner.

I think Gut Buster is fairly universal (we even have one in the canteen at work here in the Midlands) I had one from the Market Diner (might have been cafe in those days) about 4.30 in the morning once about 20 years ago still recovering now :)

Was excellent though.

Bills bottom of North Road
Now part of The Ivy organisation. "A concept eaterie ... that should boost footfall ... the shop will get people into the arcade and the (A3) offer will encourage them to linger."

Read more: Wales Online Restaurateur behind The Ivy plans to bring Bill's Produce concept to Cardiff - Cardiff news - CardiffOnline - WalesOnline

Bill’s Restaurants

Some of us remember when Billy Collison was a humble greengrocer. Or, to be more precise, a greengrocer.

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
nowhere near the station but macs is my favourite in B&H. remember when the police car crashed into it years ago.

we must have done this one before.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Now part of The Ivy organisation. "A concept eaterie ... that should boost footfall ... the shop will get people into the arcade and the (A3) offer will encourage them to linger."

Read more: Wales Online Restaurateur behind The Ivy plans to bring Bill's Produce concept to Cardiff - Cardiff news - CardiffOnline - WalesOnline

Bill’s Restaurants

Some of us remember when Billy Collison was a humble greengrocer. Or, to be more precise, a greengrocer.

Stumbled across the Covent Garden one the other day, there didn't seem to be a hell of a lot of produce for sale. I mean, why would you go fruit and veg shopping in Covent Garden?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Stumbled across the Covent Garden one the other day, there didn't seem to be a hell of a lot of produce for sale. I mean, why would you go fruit and veg shopping in Covent Garden?

Why would you want to have breakfast with a queue of people standing next to you. It isn't that good is it ? I have only been in the Brighton one once and felt it vastly overrated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why would you want to have breakfast with a queue of people standing next to you. It isn't that good is it ? I have only been in the Brighton one once and felt it vastly overrated.

The one in Brighton was/is good. I was disappointed when it became part of a chain though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I only tend to go in when the missus wants Eggs Royale (and I'll only go then before it gets busy). The last couple of times I've been in I've been hugely disappointed, especially with their claggy hollandaise and massively undercooked eggs (the white is always snotty). Much better brekkies to be had in town.

#middleclasswhinge

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is that 24 hour place still there, near the Freebutt/Oceans?
Market Diner is one I meant... great place to go if waiting for the 4am train back to London.

Jan 30, 2008
now part of the ivy organisation. "a concept eaterie ... That should boost footfall ... The shop will get people into the arcade and the (a3) offer will encourage them to linger."

read more: Wales online restaurateur behind the ivy plans to bring bill's produce concept to cardiff - cardiff news - cardiffonline - walesonline

bill’s restaurants

some of us remember when billy collison was a humble greengrocer. Or, to be more precise, a greengrocer.
bills in Lewes is now a tree huggers paradise LB :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports