Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
His latest quote indicates that those personal reasons for needing to be in Germany have passed.

“I think there are few players who would turn down an offer from FC Bayern. Everyone wants to move to the really big clubs at some point: Man City, Real [Madrid], Barcelona. That is the last big step that I want to achieve at some point and I give everything for it every day.”
Strikes me that the best way to achieve this ambition other than having a blistering Euro 2024 would be to come back and prove he can score goals at a consistently high level in the Premier League. Appreciate Stuttgart will be playing Champions League football but I would argue the overall quality of the Premier League is still far higher overall and therefore more attractive to the elite clubs.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
His latest quote indicates that those personal reasons for needing to be in Germany have passed.

I wonder if those personal reasons may have been RDZ and his crew?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On the contrary, the point is to keep Undav and offload Dahoud!
No! £20M for Undav (£15M if you take Dahoud too).

Strange, isn't it - other players who want away for one reason or another (Cucurella, Trossard, Sanchez, Caicedo) get a right slating on here. Deniz 'I don't want to be here' Undav gets a free ride.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Strange, isn't it - other players who want away for one reason or another (Cucurella, Trossard, Sanchez, Caicedo) get a right slating on here. Deniz 'I don't want to be here' Undav gets a free ride.
Maybe Undav could have done a bit more to actually, y'know, produce the goods while he was here, rather than looking like a slower lardier version of Maupay

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Maybe Undav could have done a bit more to actually, y'know, produce the goods while he was here, rather than looking like a slower lardier version of Maupay

5 goals from 350 minutes playing time, across 8 games.
Plenty of goods produced at the end of his first season in the Premier league.

would have been nice if Ferguson was producing those kind of numbers, in the second half of the last season.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I can't help but remember that glorious chance he missed in the semi - final to put us in the Cup Final. A bit harsh maybe but that's what i always associate Undav with.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can't help but remember that glorious chance he missed in the semi - final to put us in the Cup Final. A bit harsh maybe but that's what i always associate Undav with.
really?

I remember the goals against Arsenal and Wolves.

watching them live, i assumed he'd fluffed his lines with the shot for the wolves goal. Nope, sublime finish.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Strikes me that the best way to achieve this ambition other than having a blistering Euro 2024 would be to come back and prove he can score goals at a consistently high level in the Premier League. Appreciate Stuttgart will be playing Champions League football but I would argue the overall quality of the Premier League is still far higher overall and therefore more attractive to the elite clubs.
Really???? champions league football or Southampton on a cold Tuesday night.
I think sometimes we overestimate our drawing power for players.
when we have had 4 or 5 seasons in Europe perhaps we can start to think we are a European powerhouse rather than a team who has had one relatively successful year in the second tier competition in Europe.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really???? champions league football or Southampton on a cold Tuesday night.
I think sometimes we overestimate our drawing power for players.
when we have had 4 or 5 seasons in Europe perhaps we can start to think we are a European powerhouse rather than a team who has had one relatively successful year in the second tier competition in Europe.
Yep!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

None of the aforementioned went on loan to get game time
after getting first team run outs 🤔

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My prediction: yes.
Depends a little bit on the manager we get in and his preferred formation(s) and style of play, but I imagine Welbeck, Ferguson + another will be our CFs and that Pedro and Enciso will mainly play in other attacking positions.
That ‘+ another’ may well be Osman.

A different profile to the others (astonishing pace) and has player centre forward in 7 of his last 9 games for Nordsjælland scoring 3 and assisting 3 in that role.

O’Mahony would be another option. We ain’t getting another striker in to quote Naylor.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
None of the aforementioned went on loan to get game time
after getting first team run outs 🤔
I know that! It's totally irrelevant! They all made a fuss and wanted out; so did Undav - but he remains apparently squeaky clean, whilst the others are sons of darkness. If you can't see the discrepancy there, and think it's all about who went out on loan ........................ :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I wonder if those personal reasons may have been RDZ and his crew?
No....started before that....family shit, and private. That's all we need to know.

I hope he returns. Got Fred Binney #2 written all over him :love:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know that! It's totally irrelevant! They all made a fuss and wanted out; so did Undav - but he remains apparently squeaky clean, whilst the others are sons of darkness. If you can't see the discrepancy there, and think it's all about who went out on loan ........................ :shrug:
See my post above.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
But Factually correct

He went on loan with a future purchase option included
whereas the others created much more of a fuss to gain their departures

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think it's probably because Trossard, Cucurella and caicedo were key players for the team. Losing them was a big deal and at the time weakened the squad/team. Them sulking their way out also had a potential negative effect on the team/squad in the short term. In the case of Sanchez, as has been said/raked over plenty of times, it was his refusal to sit on the bench which could have had huge negative ramifications.

In the case of undav, he barely feels like our player. He spent one season in the squad and barely played until the final 8 -10 games of the season. He's then spent the entirety of this season on loan. Therefore his absence doesn't noticeably weaken us like the others would/did. In short we're a lot less invested in Undav than we were in the others and if he's sulking it doesn't have any effect on the rest of the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here