Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dexter Blackstock

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Frankly if a player who isn't getting selected for his current team, has to 'consider' whether he wants to play for us, then I don't want him.

I hate the concept of 1 month and 3 month loan players and whilst we are reliant on them, I just don't like the notion, would rather some youngster got a chance.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What a surprise, if I had a £1 for every time we nearly SINGED a player I'd be a millionaire

It's par for the course with the Albion at the moment. To say it's frustrating is an understatement. I maintain what I have been saying for sometime - namely that I have doubts about how hard the club is "really" looking for a decent loan striker. Clearly funds are a lot tighter than most of us had thought. I guess we may well have to muddle through with what we've got. Watford at home could prove to be a painful experience.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
why cant we just keep it quite on who we are trying to sign untill its 100% done

I don't think it's anything to do with keeping quiet. The football world knows who is talking to who.
If you had a choice of living on your own in a hotel for weeks or playing somewhere that you could drive to within an hour or so, to stay at home with your family, where you would choose to go?

If you mean don't tell the fans who we are talking to, then it gets out anyway, from informed SAUCES on Nsc.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many of our signings have been leaked beforehand in recent times? Lita came out of no where, I don't remember hearing about us being in talks with Conway before that was announced, nor Agustien. I'm at the point where if we hear about it, I assume it won't happen, like it's a red herring while they work on the actual deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How many of our signings have been leaked beforehand in recent times? Lita came out of no where, I don't remember hearing about us being in talks with Conway before that was announced, nor Agustien. I'm at the point where if we hear about it, I assume it won't happen, like it's a red herring while they work on the actual deal.

Lita was definitely mentioned on Nsc before the deal was done.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Frankly if a player who isn't getting selected for his current team, has to 'consider' whether he wants to play for us, then I don't want him.

I hate the concept of 1 month and 3 month loan players and whilst we are reliant on them, I just don't like the notion, would rather some youngster got a chance.

this man knows his onions

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Leeds probably paying more of his wages and as some-one else has already stated doesn't have to move far if at all

The Argus is suggesting today that Leeds were keen on Blackstock in January, when Warnock was manager. They have resurrected their interest and "are thought to have tempted Blackstock with the prospect of a permanent deal further down the line."

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It's par for the course with the Albion at the moment. To say it's frustrating is an understatement. I maintain what I have been saying for sometime - namely that I have doubts about how hard the club is "really" looking for a decent loan striker. Clearly funds are a lot tighter than most of us had thought. I guess we may well have to muddle through with what we've got. Watford at home could prove to be a painful experience.

By jove, I think you've sussed it. The club is so financially stretched, it puts in place a large football operations infrastructure and builds up a wide-ranging scouting network (all of whom work exclusively for the club), to give the IMPRESSION that we can afford to sign a striker, whilst all along we're skint. A clever wheeze, but you've seen clean through it. I bow to your insightfulness and remarkable acumen.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

I like this! So, speculation on who we are actually after?!?!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
By jove, I think you've sussed it. The club is so financially stretched, it puts in place a large football operations infrastructure and builds up a wide-ranging scouting network (all of whom work exclusively for the club), to give the IMPRESSION that we can afford to sign a striker, whilst all along we're skint. A clever wheeze, but you've seen clean through it. I bow to your insightfulness and remarkable acumen.

Most kind of you to say so. I'd forgotten, of course about all the money that TB is investing into the infrastructure of the club etc. How silly of me.:rolleyes: But in all seriousness, I think you'll find that there are a fair few posters on this board who, like me, can't understand the lack of investment in the playing side of the club this season, and particularly our apparent inability to sign one or two decent loan strikers at a time when our resources on the pitch are stretched to the limit. Perhaps we should leave things there as I doubt our views will ever dovetail?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Most kind of you to say so. I'd forgotten, of course about all the money that TB is investing into the infrastructure of the club etc. How silly of me.:rolleyes: But in all seriousness, I think you'll find that there are a fair few posters on this board who, like me, can't understand the lack of investment in the playing side of the club this season, and particularly our apparent inability to sign one or two decent loan strikers at a time when our resources on the pitch are stretched to the limit. Perhaps we should leave things there as I doubt our views will ever dovetail?

I can see this point of view.

But it begs the question, where are we going to loan decent strikers from who are not being paid exorbitant wages?

There is talk of many Prem teams only loaning players out if they are guaranteed to play and other teams in the championship are unlikely to send good strikers to us as they do not want us to do well, obviously! Someone yesterday was moaning that we were loaning players from Swansea and Cardiff, but when if you think about it realistically, those are exactly the type of clubs that are likely to be more amenable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here