Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Dinner in Brighton on a wednesday night

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Give your taste buds a lift and try terre a terre. Desserts are to die for but the rosti or better batter halloumi with tartar and vodka infused tomatoes is a a great meal. Try the terre a tapas for 2 with sides plus dessert is a great deal

Or try mowgli which is so much better than the permit room by dishoom

I will also endorse tutto
I've only been there once and the food was great (I'm not veggie), and Paul and Linda McCartney came in and picked up a takeaway.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Give your taste buds a lift and try terre a terre. Desserts are to die for but the rosti or better batter halloumi with tartar and vodka infused tomatoes is a a great meal. Try the terre a tapas for 2 with sides plus dessert is a great deal

Or try mowgli which is so much better than the permit room by dishoom

I will also endorse tutto
That is very interesting. In Edinburgh Dishoom is superb and in Glasgow Mowgli is OK, not as good but more expensive. Obviously depends on location.

TNBA

TTF

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well here we are on the edge of our seats hoping that the long suffering Mrs WZ hasnt walked out of whatever place (should that be plaice 🧐) Mr WZ has chosen for this romantic liaison as they stagger on to 44 amazing years of marital bliss (£5 in the post WZ?)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well here we are on the edge of our seats hoping that the long suffering Mrs WZ hasnt walked out of whatever place (should that be plaice 🧐) Mr WZ has chosen for this romantic liaison as they stagger on to 44 amazing years of marital bliss (£5 in the post WZ?)

I can put your mind at rest. Mrs Wz, who isn't normally a big meat fan, very unusually decided she actually fancied a steak. We went to Miller and Carter at Lancing and got their lunchtime deal arriving 10 minutes before the 5 o'clock cut off due to those bloody roadworks. She had Calamari and a very nice fillet steak with peppercorn sauce, whilst I had a decidedly average cheesy mushrooms and pretty standard rump steak.

My meal was rescued by two large glasses of a very nice malbec (Mrs Wz drove) and I got away with significantly less than three figures, so a satisfactory conclusion :thumbsup:

What is strange is that Miller and Carter is far better at Lancing than Brighton and it's not often I would say that :ohmy:

*edit* And did I say 44 years ? It's actually 34 of which about 3 have been bliss :wink:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I can put your mind at rest. Mrs Wz, who isn't normally a big meat fan, very unusually decided she actually fancied a steak. We went to Miller and Carter at Lancing and got their lunchtime deal arriving 10 minutes before the 5 o'clock cut off due to those bloody roadworks. She had Calamari and a very nice fillet steak with peppercorn sauce, whilst I had a decidedly average cheesy mushrooms and pretty standard rump steak.

My meal was rescued by two large glasses of a very nice malbec (Mrs Wz drove) and I got away with significantly less than three figures, so a satisfactory conclusion :thumbsup:

What is strange is that Miller and Carter is far better at Lancing than Brighton and it's not often I would say that :ohmy:

*edit* And did I say 44 years ? It's actually 34 of which about 3 have been bliss :wink:
It's the result that counts. Mrs driving (no chance of that in my household) and a modest bill (job's a good'un).

I've never been that impressed with the Patcham Miller and Carter. It's OK, but I've been to the same place when it used to be a Harvester. Nobody can take those memories away.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Possibly still on the first course
It's the result that counts. Mrs driving (no chance of that in my household) and a modest bill (job's a good'un).

I've never been that impressed with the Patcham Miller and Carter. It's OK, but I've been to the same place when it used to be a Harvester. Nobody can take those memories away.
i don’t like paying extra for chips with my steak, feels like a rip off. Millers salad half an Iceburg ffs🤣

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

lol…well your thread header says evening 🤔

Yep you did say 44….whats 10 years between husband and wife 😉

Yes the roadworks are an arse…..Clampy will be pleased you popped over to Costa de la Lancing

Glad you had a nice time…..ol Chailey is at it now 👀

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

Miller and Carter is the same group as harvester, it's their steak brand. Read in to that what you will.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Miller and Carter is the same group as harvester, it's their steak brand. Read in to that what you will.

IIRC It's Mitchells and Butlers. Don't they own loads of various brands ?

*edit* Isn't t'internet wonderful :wink:

All Bar One, Miller & Carter, Nicholson's, Toby Carvery, Harvester, Browns Restaurants, Vintage Inns, Ember Inns, Son of Steak, Stonehouse Pizza & Grill, Crown Carveries, O'Neill's, Premium Country Pubs, Sizzling Pubs.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
IIRC It's Mitchells and Butlers. Don't they own loads of various brands ?

*edit* Isn't t'internet wonderful :wink:

All Bar One, Miller & Carter, Nicholson's, Toby Carvery, Harvester, Browns Restaurants, Vintage Inns, Ember Inns, Son of Steak, Stonehouse Pizza & Grill, Crown Carveries, O'Neill's, Premium Country Pubs, Sizzling Pubs.

Yeah all fine ish but all comes from the same suppliers and central kitchen. Which isn't a problem but sometimes the branding makes some of these seem more premium than they really are.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I know !

When I go there now, it's the same place. It's just that the prices are higher !

(Family connection: my grandfather used to run the cellar when it was the Black Lion in the 1950s.)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here