Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do you want Scotland to progress?

Do you want Scotland to progress?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
On TS that annoying Scots woman was asking the question to Scot’s fans in Germany pre match, Scotland to proceed to the knockouts the sacrifice being England win the Euros.
Each and everyone said they would rather not get to the knockout’s 🤣
All the English Nigel’s that ‘ support the home nations’ just why? the Sheep shaggers and the Jocks hate England with a passion.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No. I don't think the fact that one Brighton player playing for Scotland is reason enough to wipe out a lifetime of hoping (and generally seeing) them fail. WBG is our player but he probably won't be for the whole of his remaining career.

If a Celtic player was in the England team, does anyone think their fans would be keen to see England succeed?
Fun fact Glasgow Rangers had the most players in England‘s Italia 90 squad.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
On TS that annoying Scots woman was asking the question to Scot’s fans in Germany pre match, Scotland to proceed to the knockouts the sacrifice being England win the Euros.
Each and everyone said they would rather not get to the knockout’s 🤣
All the English Nigel’s that ‘ support the home nations’ just why? the Sheep shaggers and the Jocks hate England with a passion.
Don’t you know?

It’s the ultimate frustration when your arch rival actually quite likes you and doesn’t get all het up at the mention of your name.

Anyhow, hate is a wasted emotion.

That was pub football last night. Awful from both teams.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Am I right in thinking that Scotland only had 4 PL players and substituted two of them before ending the game as headless chickens?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Am I right in thinking that Scotland only had 4 PL players and substituted two of them before ending the game as headless chickens?
Taking Billy off was nuts.

Always want home nations to do well, sadly its not reciprocated. Sadly Scotland weren't good enough, complaining and the pen was clutching at straws

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Taking Billy off was nuts.

Always want home nations to do well, sadly its not reciprocated. Sadly Scotland weren't good enough, complaining and the pen was clutching at straws
I thought the same, always available, took and used some passes in tight spaces and made some decent forward passes that didn’t stick and played it safe when there was any danger of losing the ball. I noticed just one misplaced pass but I was wearing blue and white tints and mainly concentrating on what WBG was doing. The drop off in ball control in the middle was pretty dramatic once he went off imo.

Taking McGinn off also seemed odd to me.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wasn’t here in time to vote but yes I did for Wee Billy, and Mrs DiS as a Saints fan likes Stuart Armstrong (not Che Adams, though!). And my mother-in-law was Scottish and we’re having a great holiday in Scotland.

and I can’t be bothered with England at the moment, to be honest.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wasn’t here in time to vote but yes I did for Wee Billy, and Mrs DiS as a Saints fan likes Stuart Armstrong (not Che Adams, though!). And my mother-in-law was Scottish and we’re having a great holiday in Scotland.

and I can’t be bothered with England at the moment, to be honest.
Is your support of the Albion similar when things aren’t going so well? Luckily your MiL isn’t from Croydon 😉

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Scotland had much harder group than us. They were drubbed by Germany. Drew with Swiss who nearly beat Germany and whilst chasing the game had penalty denied and lost in last minute to Hungary. We scraped a win against Serbia, Drew with Denmark and Slovenia still to play. We will get through to next round but need to play a hell of a lot better to progress far.
We started as 3/1 favourites and now you can get 5/1. Scotland V England ?? Name the winner ?? Nil Nil bore draw ??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On twatter the Scottish fans were absolutely beasting che Adams one suggesting he wouldn’t even get in argentina World Cup squad back in the ally days he is that bad

i have two sons in law who are both Scottish so I have to be careful, but taking off Gilmore was just bizarre.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rooting for Scotland. No particular reason. I supported them in Argentina in 1978 so have no problem getting behind them again now ...
That's the world cup they won right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here