Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Don’t we know this idiot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The think the give away on the "audience seemed to like it" was that it was filmed for a comedy school .... call me cynical but I suspect the audience were fellow students.
Fair point. Thought the content and delivery was not bad. Actually seen worse at the Komedia

SkirlieWirlie

Jan 6, 2024
I had a friend who did the comedy course. He was supposed to join all the other students for an end of course stand up “graduation” show.

A few of us mates were going to watch it.

However he sent our friend group a message reading

“I’m pulling out of the gig. I’m not funny and to be honest, these people are the unfunniest bunch of *expletive* I’ve ever met. It will be awful so I’m binning it off”

Well, he meant to send it to our friend group.

Can anyone guess what group he sent it to by mistake?
Now THAT is funny :ROFLMAO:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fair point. Thought the content and delivery was not bad. Actually seen worse at the Komedia
I don’t watch much live comedy anymore but I went to a club in London a few months ago. The standard was pretty poor all round. And this was quite a well regarded comedy club, not just a room above a pub.

I think I have got a bit more picky as I get older but I grew up in the era of Bill Hicks and other iconic comics, we don’t seem to get those types anymore. Perhaps they were of their time.

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010
I’ve been on here 6 years and have no idea who he is? Is this “Timmy”, the Fog whisperer that’s referenced time to time?

What’s the back story?
So this is what happened …..it was a rearranged Cardiff match in January 2016. The game had been called off the previous December. Timmy twat as he was then put up a stupid picture in the late afternoon of the rearranged match a picture supposedly of the Palace Pier shrouded in fog. This was a midweek game in Jan 2016 so caused some concern. I believe Timmy attended the Lancing press conference and got a deserved bollocking and warning on appropriate behaviour a few days later from the club.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It doesn't seem to say anything about retiring at 55 from Lloyds of london from your friends at Brighton and Hove News

Pension regulator taken to court over alleged age discrimination

Maybe a different Tim Hodges :dunce:
What's interesting here is that article was from March 2023.

In April 2023 the same publication described him as a 'Service Consultant'. Who's telling porkies, Timmy or Brighton and Hove News?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why are you talking about yourself in the third person? What next, are you going to log into another account and quote your OP claiming you're incredibly funny?

And you want to tell us all that you're a high achiever and retired early :shrug:

You've chosen the wrong place to get validation from showing off.
Paul Valley has been quiet for a long time. Perhaps he needs to hide in Timmy's attic again to use the WiFi ?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
So this is what happened …..it was a rearranged Cardiff match in January 2016. The game had been called off the previous December. Timmy twat as he was then put up a stupid picture in the late afternoon of the rearranged match a picture supposedly of the Palace Pier shrouded in fog. This was a midweek game in Jan 2016 so caused some concern. I believe Timmy attended the Lancing press conference and got a deserved bollocking and warning on appropriate behaviour a few days later from the club.
Was he eating the nuts if you please?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
To be fair it does take some bollocks to attempt standup. But unfortunately, he's about as funny as a burning orphanage.
It doesn’t take any bollocks at all when you have a complete lack of self-awareness or emotional intelligence.

What he **** he was / is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had a friend who did the comedy course. He was supposed to join all the other students for an end of course stand up “graduation” show.

“I’m pulling out of the gig. I’m not funny and to be honest, these people are the unfunniest bunch of *expletive* I’ve ever met. It will be awful so I’m binning it off”

and you are suggesting that the Comedy training did NOT work!?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Thanks very much GG it was actually my colleagues family and friends not fellow students in the audience (Running Lion 3:05 😂😉)
Do retired people have colleagues?

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Ah yes - the only post I EVER reported was many years ago. "Someone" on here pretended that they knew the lawyers involved in the Falmer decision and that they had inside information, and posted what turned out to be a pack of lies, apparently for no other motive other than looking important. This was massively sensitive at the time, and we were all on edge looking for pointers and clues, and, unusually for me, a placid person, it made me extremely angry. Angry enough to report a post.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Now that is funny

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I ….he had left TPR by then and was contracting so it is accurate - it’s still ongoing I believe. Not stress simple age discrimination claim
Fair enough. So you're retired until the next contract comes in.

Or, y'know, you get the call when Michael McIntyre gets appendicitis suddenly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This thread feels a bit YUCKY.
I know what you mean but to be honest, if you post yourself doing mediocre standup while pretending it’s not you posting it (if you get what I mean) and then continue to pretend it’s not you, while having called yourself an idiot in the thread title, combined with his history of rather nasty antagonism and threatening behaviour towards Bozza.. I think he knows full well the reaction he’ll get and he is blatantly courting the attention.

If it’s “yucky”, it’s coming from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here