Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk IN! (Was: Dunk Out?)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ideally he'll be on the bench for the whole tournament (so we don't have to worry about him making a crucial error) and is then sent on as England get a corner in the 97th minute of the final with the score at 0-0. Over comes the ball and Dunky rises majestically to win it.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Ideally he'll be on the bench for the whole tournament (so we don't have to worry about him making a crucial error) and is then sent on as England get a corner in the 97th minute of the final with the score at 0-0. Over comes the ball and Dunky rises majestically to win it.

What's he like at taking penalties?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That’s the spirit!

The lad is there because he deserves it. I think he’ll get plenty of game time now that Maguire is out. It seems that some folk think he’s punching above his weight, he isn’t. He’s proven himself to be a top quality PL central defender.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Credit to Southgate. Made some big decisions and talking like a winner today. I am very confident our Lewis will step up to the plate

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Credit to Southgate. Made some big decisions and talking like a winner today. I am very confident our Lewis will step up to the plate
Yup. He’s as good as, if not better than Maguire. It seems supporters of other clubs only remember his performances against Belgium & Brazil. They don’t mention his MOM performance against Scotland in which the Dunk/Stones partnership was excellent.

Jimmy Grimble

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Yup. He’s as good as, if not better than Maguire. It seems supporters of other clubs only remember his performances against Belgium & Brazil. They don’t mention his MOM performance against Scotland in which the Dunk/Stones partnership was excellent.
It was v Australia that he was MOM. He was the second best player on the pitch against Scotland but only because of a Bellingham masterclass.

His performances against Belgium/Brazil weren’t terrible just unfortunately made two errors that lead to goals.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It was v Australia that he was MOM. He was the second best player on the pitch against Scotland but only because of a Bellingham masterclass.

His performances against Belgium/Brazil weren’t terrible just unfortunately made two errors that lead to goals.
He was MOM in some reports I read, but yes, Bellingham was official MOM.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's a shame he's not fit, that probably hands the starting place to Guehi.

It worries me slightly that Quansah is hanging around though. My fear is that he's hovering to replace Dunk if whatever niggle is keeping Dunk out of todays game is more serious than we think.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Like ‘West Ham won the World Cup’, are we now going to hear ‘Palace won the Euros’ if we’re victorious?!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Yes, as a long term non fan of Southgate, he’s grown some balls at last good for him! I don’t say that just because Dunk is in, more to do with picking players in form at last, except maybe Dunk :wink:

Really chuffed for Dunky!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here