Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy on Gordon Geer

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
At least one of the games he misses is Wrexham. Plus, B-City and Peterboro'. But we have El-Abd and Dunk. Not bad cover at all if you ask me ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He may have been good but 3-0 up and he knew he was off as soon as he did it, see his reaction.

Fine of two weeks wages minimum and perhaps take away the captains roll, 4th time now

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Front of today's programme in large letters:

Happy New Year, Gordon Greer

:facepalm:

The Burnley programme had Vincelot saying how it can be tough for players having games over the Christmas period in England :facepalm:

Any more of our players the programme writers would like to jinx? :)

It's like the Madden Curse.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
frigging Hell people lay off the fella, yer he made an rash call and has been sent off, but boy with out him so far this season we would not have 35 points. He is a leader and will continue to be going forward. Cook will stay I am sure and we have Caldy and Vincelot back now so have cover in all areas. We will be fine.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We're 3-0 up and had, what, seven minutes to contain them, no need for any risky challenges whatsover. Really, really stupid. A shame because it flattened the atmosphere a bit. Only blot on a brilliant afternoon.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
frigging Hell people lay off the fella, yer he made an rash call and has been sent off, but boy with out him so far this season we would not have 35 points. He is a leader and will continue to be going forward. Cook will stay I am sure and we have Caldy and Vincelot back now so have cover in all areas. We will be fine.
Absolutely. He's been player of the season and a led the team by example in every game so far - Dunk wouldn't have made half the impact without GG looking after him. Let's cut the guy some slack - those whining, cheating, bullying (past tense - they've been found out now) wankers yesterday would've tried the patience of a... Gull? He's earnt a rest anyway :cheers::rock::albion2:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I fully concur that been brilliant for us again this season, but what he did yesterday was absolutely f***ing stupid & extremely unprofessional.

SORT IT OUT GORDON, FFS! :glare:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Absolutely. He's been player of the season and a led the team by example in every game so far - Dunk wouldn't have made half the impact without GG looking after him. Let's cut the guy some slack - those whining, cheating, bullying (past tense - they've been found out now) wankers yesterday would've tried the patience of a... Gull? He's earnt a rest anyway :cheers::rock::albion2:

Jesus christ, it's like he is doing us a favour. He is paid to play football and not get sent off for violent conduct on numerous occasions, the fact he is captain in a young team with a horrendous disciplinary record just takes the piss.

Yes Gordon, thanks for your efforts so far this season (which have been great) but please sort yourself out FFS!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think he did it so when saints fans say we only beat them because they had ten men, we can claim we only had ten men, too. Great sacrifice from the big man, imo.

Also, as well as only needing 10 men to beat saints, two of those ten men (taricco and lualua) stayed on the pitch for a while after pulling up injured. Effectively we only had 8 men, and we beat their ten men...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
So that will be 9 games he will not be playing this season and we are half way through, I wonder if you will still be happy when it is 18 by the end, knob.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The Burnley programme had Vincelot saying how it can be tough for players having games over the Christmas period in England :facepalm:

Not that Vincelot had that problem to contend with this year!

So that will be 9 games he will not be playing this season and we are half way through, I wonder if you will still be happy when it is 18 by the end, knob.

Where are you getting nine from? The other two reds were last season.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why should anyone 'go easy' on Gordon Greer?

Being a good player does not excuse behaving like an idiot, especially when you're captain and are supposed to lead by example. What good is he being a good player / good leader when he gets himself suspended?

Three red cards with Brighton - all for off the ball incidents, two of which were when the game was all but over. Brainless.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I think he did it so when saints fans say we only beat them because they had ten men, we can claim we only had ten men, too. Great sacrifice from the big man, imo.

Also, as well as only needing 10 men to beat saints, two of those ten men (taricco and lualua) stayed on the pitch for a while after pulling up injured. Effectively we only had 8 men, and we beat their ten men...
nice :lolol::albion2:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
especially when you're captain and are supposed to lead by example.
two of which were when the game was all but over. Brainless.

Don't you see? He is showing the rest of the team that, rather than getting sent off in the opening minutes like Vincelot or Barnes, wait until you've effectively won the game. He is such a good example. From now on our players will wait until we've won the game to show their indiscipline.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

A few contradictions in that post. You applaud the fact that we have 35 pts with him. Well because of what he did we won't have him for 3 games! You state he is a leader yet accept he mad a rash call. Bit of an understatement to say it was rash and that's not showing leadership.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why should anyone 'go easy' on Gordon Greer?

Being a good player does not excuse behaving like an idiot, especially when you're captain and are supposed to lead by example. What good is he being a good player / good leader when he gets himself suspended?

Three red cards with Brighton - all for off the ball incidents, two of which were when the game was all but over. Brainless.

Sums it up perfectly.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A few contradictions in that post. You applaud the fact that we have 35 pts with him. Well because of what he did we won't have him for 3 games! You state he is a leader yet accept he mad a rash call. Bit of an understatement to say it was rash and that's not showing leadership.

no contradictions at all, I am just saying the guy has been a superb player this season for us and he makes one rash mistake and all of a sudden people are calling for him to be stripped of the captaincy and left to rot. Frigging joke some people on here, he knows he made an error, he dont need 5000 short term memory people slatting him as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here