Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Milliband..... I do believe he's got it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's simple. Make the banks lend to small businesses and incentivise small businesses to take on staff by cutting red tape and Employer's NI. Is that beyond the wit of the gvernment?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He didnt, just the same as George Osborne's chief of political strategy role isnt an "official " job , but are you trying to say it has no bearing on the direction of the tory party ? In the same way that Balls was a close confidant of Brown, he helped shape and influence policy.
I am always baffled by your default position of absolutely slamming the Labour party while giving the Tories a free ride. I actually agree with a lot of your economics and yet see little difference in the parties.

I do actually have a degree of sympathy with your annoyance at the fact the gates were opened to allow East Europeans to flood the job market at the expense of native workers. But seriously, what have the Tories EVER done that was ever any different to Labour? Before Labour took power, they were every bit as clueless and what have they done to avert the influx of cheap Labour since taking power? I'll tell you: Nothing. Yet reading every single one of your posts, all you ever do is moan that it is always Labour's fault.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brown kept unemployment down by creating more than half a million, non wealth creating, public sector jobs and borrowing the money to pay for them.

Did he? I'm doing this from memory but I thought Labour halved the debt intially but then spent rebuilded schools, hospitals and services which had been heavily neglected for decades and the debt rose to just shy of what Labour originally inherited. Then the banking crisis happened and they obviously had to borrow over and above previous levels to bail the banks out.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They didn't have to work that one out because you are talking out of your arse.

There is nothing wrong with providing jobs in the public sector providing we are paying for jobs that need doing and we are prepared to pay for them to be done. For example, if we cut out all the pot hole filling companies in the name of austerity, then not only will our roads crumble away, meaning business has to find expensive or less efficient alternatives to the road, but also we don't have any pot hole filling businesses to fill them if the money ever does return.
The amount of pointless non jobs created by the last labour government was astonishing, local government , much like central government is staffed by people very adept at preserving budget allocations and justifying expenditure to support this.

But seriously, what have the Tories EVER done that was ever any different to Labour? Before Labour took power, they were every bit as clueless and what have they done to avert the influx of cheap Labour since taking power? I'll tell you: Nothing.

Sorry is this a joke post to get a rise out of busy (not that he needs help on that front)? Are you saying Thatcher was no different than Brown in terms of policies?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am always baffled by your default position of absolutely slamming the Labour party while giving the Tories a free ride. I actually agree with a lot of your economics and yet see little difference in the parties.

I do actually have a degree of sympathy with your annoyance at the fact the gates were opened to allow East Europeans to flood the job market at the expense of native workers. But seriously, what have the Tories EVER done that was ever any different to Labour? Before Labour took power, they were every bit as clueless and what have they done to avert the influx of cheap Labour since taking power? I'll tell you: Nothing. Yet reading every single one of your posts, all you ever do is moan that it is always Labour's fault.
I cedrtainly wont be voting tory whilst that opportunistic tosspot cameron is in charge , david davis for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A return to 'O' Levels, nationalisation of the railways, a Referendum on Europe on the cards and Jimmy Saville in the news again. This is like something out of Life On Mars. What's Cameron going to do next - fire up the Quattro?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Make the banks lend to small businesses

The government are going to do this by creating a government superbank or something. And this just about sums up our leaders approach to things. The government already own banks, so why not use one of them? Or create an environment where regular banks will lend. Why not just do something, er, normally? People talk about red tape and bureaucracy, what the f*** is this superbank if it's not more of this? A totally pointless and an inefficient use of resource.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Busy lol! Pusy?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The amount of pointless non jobs created by the last labour government was astonishing, local government , much like central government is staffed by people very adept at preserving budget allocations and justifying expenditure to support this.
Fair enough, but equally this government is cutting right back to the bare bones which is equally damaging for the reasons I outline. Have you seen their proposals for the London fire brigade, for example?

Sorry is this a joke post to get a rise out of busy (not that he needs help on that front)? Are you saying Thatcher was no different than Brown in terms of policies?
No, I am talking specifically about the Tory attitude to immigration, not wider economic policy. We had immigrant issues under the Major government, back in those days the talk was always about the influx of Asians, who managed to bring in massive families, jumping the queues and so on. The government of the day didn't deal with the issue in the way bushy would have liked.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see the superbank as an admission that the main big banks simply won't lend to small business. I think there's potential for a significant customer switch away from the Big 4/5 to the Co-operative Bank / Nationwide BS and Virgin.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

labour were the government that didnt bother with the initial safeguards that would have stopped the massive influx of cheap unskilled eastern european labour , you're asking me what the tories should do , there is nothing they can do apart from ignoring european legislation and mass deportations of non EU asylum seekers/immigrants , are you advocating these policies ?? I happily would.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I cedrtainly wont be voting tory whilst that opportunistic tosspot cameron is in charge , david davis for me.
I agree. I am not a natural Tory voter but with the complete pussies in charge of all our main parties, I would be far more tempted to vote for David Davis than the party being run by the schoolboy who makes meaningless apologies, and the party being run by the complete dork with the better brother and the feeble soundbites.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
labour were the government that didnt bother with the initial safeguards that would have stopped the massive influx of cheap unskilled eastern european labour , you're asking me what the tories should do , there is nothing they can do apart from ignoring european legislation and mass deportations of non EU asylum seekers/immigrants , are you advocating these policies ?? I happily would.
The Abu Hamsas of this world didn't all enter the country on Labour's watch. The ghettos started appearing under Thatcher and continued under Major - remember Toxteth and Brixton.

My point is that you write post after post slaughtering Labour but barely hear a peep out of you on the Tory's very similar record on immigration.

And would I ignore policies? Probably not, but my attitude towards the EC is that we should be more like the French. At the core of Europe and cosying up with other states leaves you in a better position to shape policy and secure your own country, as opposed to whining and sniping from the outside.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I agree. I am not a natural Tory voter but with the complete pussies in charge of all our main parties, I would be far more tempted to vote for David Davis than the party being run by the schoolboy who makes meaningless apologies, and the party being run by the complete dork with the better brother and the feeble soundbites.

There really does seem to be a dearth of talent across all of our "political class", its worrying to be frank.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
What, from the Department of Children, Schools & Families?

Let me phrase what I meant more clearly; Balls continued to work closely with Brown on economic matters, in a party capacity, even when his official governmental role was in a different area; Dept of Children, Schools & families (if that's where the f***er was hiding out while wasting our money).

The government are going to do this by creating a government superbank or something. And this just about sums up our leaders approach to things. The government already own banks, so why not use one of them? Or create an environment where regular banks will lend. Why not just do something, er, normally? People talk about red tape and bureaucracy, what the f*** is this superbank if it's not more of this? A totally pointless and an inefficient use of resource.

The commercial banks across Europe are under capitalised so it requires a special government vehicle to provide the sort of lending you are calling for unfortunately. You should be pleased, not annoyed about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here