Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emeli Sande

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never heard of Emeli Sande. But she was flat and out of tune in that first song, it was like a bad X-Factor audition. I felt embarrassed for her.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Emeli was - in my opinion - the best of the performers last night. She may be a bit nasally but can she help it? If you think she can't sing then you're simply just wrong.
I haven't heard much of her music but I did wonder why she sang 3 times... And she sang in the opening ceremony too! Maybe Danny Boyle likes her?

If Emeli was 'a little flat' then most of the other artists who performed might as well have been in a different key.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've never heard of Emeli Sande. But she was flat and out of tune in that first song, it was like a bad X-Factor audition. I felt embarrassed for her.

The second biggest female recording artist in the UK in the last year selling over 2 000 000 copies of her debut album ?, mmmmm ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Indeed... I wonder if she couldn't hear the piano accompaniment, because she wasn't in tune or in time. Pity.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The second biggest female recording artist in the UK in the last year selling over 2 000 000 copies of her debut album ?, mmmmm ???

:shrug:

I wouldn't recognise her if she came up to me in the street and dropped a medium smoked haddock fillet down my trollies. I'm pretty much oblivious to most music and "recording artists" post-1991.

I'm sure her album is terrific, but going by last night, she can't sing live for toffee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here