Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ethos of the Albion team.

welshseagull

Jul 12, 2011
I don't know what the magic formula is, it must be something that Gus inspires, but the ethos of the players is absolutely fantastic. It doesn't matter whether they have been with us for a day (ie Ryan Hartley last night) or years, they just seem to be prepared to die for that Albion shirt. Noticed it first this season with CMS. He hasn't come here as 'the big I am', he seems 100% commited to the Albion cause and prepared to sweat blood for them, but looking around the team they all seem to share that cmmitment. It makes me think that we can acheive the impossible, and certainly be one of the very best teams in the division this year.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Totally agree.

Maybe it's partly because we don't have any players anymore, such as Murray, who quite often looked only half interested and lazy.

Also, with no disrespect towards Slade (I love the man) or other previous managers, but Poyet is a manager I would want to put in my best performance for. His passion and knowledge for the game is better than several Premier League manager by miles. But you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him, so it seems that any BTC that think they're bigger than the team either need to buck their ideas up or get out.

The sense of team spirit and desire to play for the stripes is something unrivalled in the tennish years I have supported them.

welshseagull

Jul 12, 2011
Agree about Murray. Not just sour grapes because he did do a good job for us. Trouble is thats all it appeared to be...a job. Know what I mean. I honestly don't think he would get in our starting line up this year, and yet I was so worried when he wanted away. Just shows how far weve come over the summer!!

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Completely agree. Also seems that even if the team takes a knock (losing a two-goal lead on Saturday, a few losses before Christmas last year) it doesn't seem to derail them. They just turn up for the next game and play well.

Reckon it's mainly about buying the right players in the first place, but also who knows what he says in training and the changing room? Whatever it is, it seems to work (touch wood!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here