Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2004 tix

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
OK. So who's got the tickets they asked for for Euro2004, and who hasn't? Today was deadline day, and the cunning Portugese have somehow managed to get letters to arrive in the UK on the very day. (How do they do that?, as Des would say)

I applied for tix for 5 games in and around Porto, and have been allocated four out of five. And we haven't been bumped up to the expensive seats.

The one I'm really looking forward to is A2 vs A3, which promises to be a real tactical battle.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I might be being a bit thick but is there anyway of trying to guess where England might be. With Portugaul playing in Porto can't see England being made to play there?/

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Was not Was said:
The one I'm really looking forward to is A2 vs A3, which promises to be a real tactical battle.

Football ticket battleships? Excellent.

I'm away at the mo so I don't know which tickets I've got, but I've gone for loads around Porto (and the final).

I consider myself patriotic and have seen England play in three major finals but I'm really hoping to avoid English fans in this tournament. The idiots ruin it for everyone.

Jameson

I got Porto 15th June, Coimbra 17th June but eliminated from Lisbon 20th June.

Disappointed about Lisbon but assume heavy demand from the locals 'cos the home team play there?

Is it worth trying again to get something for later that week? ???

Top marks to the Portuguese though - confirmation arrived dead on time. Let's hope the tournament is as well organised :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:nono: on tv for me , tried but failed !

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I really really want tickets for the World Cup in Germany as I have relatives over there. How on earth do I apply for tickets! :dunce:

Squiffy

Jul 11, 2003
Here is the perfect site for those going to and/or interested in Euro 2004 in Portugal. Soccerphile.com was originally set up as an all round guide to all things concerned with the World Cup last year in Japan (I got to see 2 Italy games and 2 Ireland ones. If I'd just sorted myself out instead of being a "nice guy" I'd have had tickets for all the England games. Still, Italy v Mexico in Oita was the best neutral footie experience I've had - and thats saying summat.)

Anyway, try for size and for your reference I was/am Hovey. Wonder where I got that name? :jester:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have had a seriously good day. All four games I applied for I got this morning (Porto 15/16/18/19 June), and two thirds of a day at Lord's before an unwelcome return to the office. Flights booked, hotel reserved, four games in five days and a week in the Porto sun and tasting cellars with three other Albion fans..and a Reading fan to hoover up any 'good-natured' abuse going. Bring it on.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I've applied for the exactly the same games Tooting (and the final).

Desperate for tix on the 15th - my birthday. Previous birthdays have included seeing England beat Scotland at Euro 96 and Tunisia at France 98.

Am away so I won't know for a couple of days if I've been successful. When are you flying and with which airline? And, er, how much. Not that I'm stalking you honest. :p

Have you been playing footie at Regent's Park? I'm definitely back next week. Have even bought some shin pads. :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
London
I applied for the follow my team tickets (England). Unfortunately my mates were too selfish to also apply and maximise our chances. B*stards. Looks like it's the telly for me. :glare:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wozza said:
I've applied for the exactly the same games Tooting (and the final).

Desperate for tix on the 15th - my birthday. Previous birthdays have included seeing England beat Scotland at Euro 96 and Tunisia at France 98.

Am away so I won't know for a couple of days if I've been successful. When are you flying and with which airline? And, er, how much. Not that I'm stalking you honest. :p

Have you been playing footie at Regent's Park? I'm definitely back next week. Have even bought some shin pads. :lolol:

First of all, without wishing to falsely raise your hopes if you didn't get the rejection a couple of weeks ago I suspect you will get at least some and possibly all. Let's hope so, the more the merrier.

Haven't been playing RP after dislocating shoulder, bit of a pisser as it was ther usual top night out the only time I made it this summer.

And on flights, after getting a scary quote of £360 return from BA direct to Oporto, went for the £180 rtn option via Frankfurt with Lufthansa (13th-20th). Bit of extra travelling time, but just about worth it. And doing the Dambusters on a Lufthansa flight from Germany to Portugal could be fun.

Altogether now Der, der der der der-der-der der der, der der....

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
As I was the man in the Brighton shirt at the England v Argies game at Sapporo I can confirm that Gangsta has his hands on tickets for 6 first round games and 1 QF. Just going back into site as second tranch go on sale today! Get on the uefa site and sort it out lads - want loads ofAlbion shirts and flags out there again.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I got tickets for four games - two games in Porto (including my birthday - yay), one in Lisbon and one in Coibra, all within five days.

Missed out on two other games in Porto and the final though. Bummer.

Off to check flights right now...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
After a bit of wheeling and dealing today it looks like I'm now going to 7 games in 7 days between 13th and 19th June. Marvellous scenes. :clap2:

Flights ain't easy/cheap though. :(

PS God knows how this ticket lottery worked. Officially I got 4 games out of 7 I wanted. A friend who applied for exactly the same tickets a week later has got none at all. Other friends who applied well after than got most or all of the tickets they wanted (4 for each game in some cases). A lottery indeed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here