Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro 2024 Round of 16 (France v Belgium, Portugal v Slovenia)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To large extent but you shouldn't underrate the impact of having two 40-year-olds that have won 5 Champions Leagues and 30+ titles each. They can kill of any fear. England doesn't have those leaders on the pitch.

But yes, most things Southgate say and do certainly doesn't take the anxiety of the players. Think most of the players like him and that they are motivated, but I think he is often adding to the (already intrinsic) fear of the English team.

It's before your time here, but we had a manager called Graham Potter (look him up) and he'd do whatever it took to get the players playing without fear.

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
I know it is never likely to happen but i think the best way to stop examples as bad as that would be to show it on a big screen to everyone in the stadium. I would imagine the resulting jeering, laughter and derision would soon have the desired effect.
Nice idea, but those in charge of the big screens and replays, (clubs and broadcast organisations) would probably have a different opinion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pepe claiming he was hit in the face, cheat.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Now teeth has died ffs

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anthony Joshua? Mayweather? McGregor?

The thing is, fighters have to act as though they're the best. They can't go into a fight saying 'Yeah he's better than me, but I'll do my best'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here