Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 7

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What are they scared of? Gareth? The FA?

No wonder players choose to not be involved.
Good point. Ben White is currently in Ibiza. I know what I’d rather be doing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
F8EB710B-A4FF-4A1B-B8AA-525B4F6CB849.png

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Anyone think any England player got above a 4?

You cannot beat any team when you play walking football.
No Press, No desire and No quality.
The only England goal came from a defensive error and a lucky bobble

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I have never rated Southgate, we always lose to the first good team we play in tournaments.

Southgate never try’s to win games, he just tries not to lose.
Yes, I'd totally get that if we were Denmark and trying not to lose, but with the players that can score goals in our squad.
I won't go through the list because it's nearly the whole squad! It's time for Southgate to grow a pair.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When he took off TAA, which obviously wasn’t working, why did he bring on Gallagher, another defensive midfielder. Why not bring on another creative player, Palmer, Eze, Gordon, all could have made a difference. Denmark played one up front, we had 2 cbs and 2 defensive midfielders marking him.

As I said earlier, Southgate has no idea how to win games. It was like watching Hodgsons England in 2014.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Oh for a more positive England manager. If De Zerbi had been in charge of that group of players may not of won but would have dominated with loads of goal efforts.
Sad thing Southgate will be happy as all but qualified . Thank goodness Denmark scored or Southgate would have been raving about another clean sheet

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone think any England player got above a 4?

You cannot beat any team when you play walking football.
No Press, No desire and No quality.
The only England goal came from a defensive error and a lucky bobble

Exactly. Which of City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Us, Chelsea, United, Newcastle, Spurs, West Ham don't play a high energy Press

It's really not complicated :facepalm:

We beat a couple of South-East teams (and drew one, lost one) playing a walking football tournament a couple of weeks ago :wink:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just seen the Danish goal, the attempted hoof clearance from Kane that led to the goal was made it look like he has never kicked a ball before!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
When he took off TAA, which obviously wasn’t working, why did he bring on Gallagher, another defensive midfielder. Why not bring on another creative player, Palmer, Eze, Gordon, all could have made a difference. Denmark played one up front, we had 2 cbs and 2 defensive midfielders marking him.

As I said earlier, Southgate has no idea how to win games. It was like watching Hodgsons England in 2014.
He absolutely should have brought Palmer on but he's paranoid about have 2 CMs protecting the back 4.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
I haven;t seen football this bad since we played at Priestfield,

Then we were singing "it's just like watching Grange Hill"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here