Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Round of 16 (England vs Slovakia & Spain vs Georgia)

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Honestly, how is it possible that we are this bad. Southgate is an utter mug.

Saka keeps coming short, we don't move the ball quick enough, no one running in behind.
Southgate said he didn't change the team for consistency reasons, he wasn't wrong we're consistently shit.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't think Foden touched the ball in the first 10 minutes. I heard his name mentioned on the commentary to remind me he was actually on the pitch.
All he ever does is a) cut inside and get crowded out and b) take an ineffective corner

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The lads in the Under Armour and Lucozade adverts would probably have played more as a team first half.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't think Southgate can be accused of being too defensive this time. He can be accused though of having a team with no pattern of play at all, no discernible plan and lacking in any cohesion. Five blokes wandering aimlessly around up front and the midfielders miles away, with a huge gap between Slovakia's defence and pressing midfielders but nobody with the brain to exploit it.

Exactly.

An arrogant front 5, when we lose the ball and are countered, their best effort is to trip a superior athlete from Slovakia running away.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Wright: "Something has to change!"

Southgate makes no subs.

*shakes head*

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He could always bring on Dunky for Guehi and tell him to boss things from the back, martial the defence, play the through balls to split the midfield and spray a few balls wide to the intro of Palmer and Gordon. Southgate needs a commander.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here