Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Semi Final - Netherlands vs England

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm really looking forward to...

...seeing The Killers at the O2 tomorrow night with the tickets I bought seven months ago.

Look on the Brightside...

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I like this Dutch team it’s good mixture of talented youth and experienced work horses. On paper at least, England are a level above- but paper tends to mean f-all! I lean towards England winning. I’m going for a 3-1 England.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
This game promises to be far more open than England's other matches, so hopefully we can come out of our shell a little bit. The return of Shaw should return some balance to the side. The Dutch have been tremendously entertaining this tournament providing us with some completely hatstand football, I can see them being a huge threat, but also allowing us many more opportunities to score the we have had so far.

This should be a decent game, bring it on!
Sky are saying Trippier keeps his place :facepalm:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's going to happen. England Vs Spain.
We'll absolutely click, fly out the blocks and be all over them. Boom 1-0 as Fodens exquisite reverse pass finds Kane in the box. England fans launch the world's biggest beer shower.
Then we sit deep fail to string any passes together and try to hold out Spain for 75 minutes.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It's going to happen. England Vs Spain.
We'll absolutely click, fly out the blocks and be all over them. Boom 1-0 as Fodens exquisite reverse pass finds Kane in the box. England fans launch the world's biggest beer shower.
Then we sit deep fail to string any passes together and try to hold out Spain for 75 minutes.
Don’t keep us in suspense…do we manage it? :wink:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Netherlands v England 8pm GMT @ BVB Stadion Dortmund
maxresdefault (1).jpg

• This is the fourth meeting between England and Netherlands at a major tournament; the Oranje won 3-1 at EURO 1988 (thanks to a Marco van Basten hat-trick), followed by a goalless draw at the 1990 World Cup, and a 4-1 win England win at Euro 1996.
  • England have won just one of their last nine meetings with Netherlands in all competitions (D4 L4), winning a friendly match 1-0 in Amsterdam in March 2018.
  • Of all nations England have faced 20+ times in their history, only against Brazil (15%) do they have a lower win rate than they do against Netherlands (27% - W6 D9 L7).
  • In Memphis Depay (17 shots, 10 chances created) and Cody Gakpo (13 shots, 11 chances created), the Netherlands are the only side with more than one player to have both 10+ shots and 10+ chances created. One or both of Depay and/or Gakpo have been directly involved in 47 of Netherlands’ 74 shots at this Euros.
  • England have gone to extra-time in both of their Euro 2024 knockout ties so far. Only Portugal at Euro 2016, Spain at Euro 2020, and Italy at Euro 2020 have ever gone to extra-time three times in a single edition of the finals.
  • The Netherlands have won two different matches having conceded the first goal at Euro 2024, beating Poland 2-1 in the group stages and Turkey by the same score in the quarter-final.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I predict we'll win tonight on penalties after 2 hours of attrition. Spain will have an extra day of recovery, whereas we'll be shattered come Sunday.

Spain will pull our pants down.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not been on an England thread for a while but fantastic to see that we still lack support on here despite being in the semis.

Funny old crowd

Bring it on tonight. Come on the boys

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
not been on an England thread for a while but fantastic to see that we still lack support on here despite being in the semis.

Funny old crowd

Bring it on tonight. Come on the boys
Well, I do support England but I also think we’ve been average at best and desperately poor at worst throughout the tournament. We haven’t really beaten anyone of note, and tonight is our first test against a traditional good side.

I’ll be cheering us on, but realistically we’re going to have to completely change almost every aspect of our play, or try and bring the Dutch down to our level. I think it’ll be the latter and time will tell if it pays off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here