[Football] Everton Points Deduction.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks like they are going to be hit with a 12 point deduction for breaking FFP

If there is a season to take the hit it's this one, the bottom 5 are awful.

Can't be long till City announcement?
City apparently have 115 charges and their apologists on Twitter / X are saying their punishment hasn't come yet because those number of charges will take years to investigate and prove.

Clearly, if you're going to try and break FFP, it pays to do so in a large, multiple and nebulous manner.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
City have tied this all up in knots for years, and will continue to do so. They can afford all the best lawyers, and if THEY don't get charged and hit with anything as major as a points deduction, then it will follow that neither will anyone else. They are leading the way.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
City have tied this all up in knots for years, and will continue to do so. They can afford all the best lawyers, and if THEY don't get charged and hit with anything as major as a points deduction, then it will follow that neither will anyone else. They are leading the way.
I'm sure someone will know more, but I'm not sure they are able to get lawyers to involved.

It's a private members club, the decisions of the PL is as far as it can go

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm sure someone will know more, but I'm not sure they are able to get lawyers to involved.

It's a private members club, the decisions of the PL is as far as it can go
Agreed.........but the independent panel the PL have referred it to is headed by a KC isn't it ? So the arguments will be 'legal' in nature, even if not under jurisdiction of law, so having the best lawyers will help.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
City apparently have 115 charges and their apologists on Twitter / X are saying their punishment hasn't come yet because those number of charges will take years to investigate and prove.

Clearly, if you're going to try and break FFP, it pays to do so in a large, multiple and nebulous manner.
I’d they try them one at a time then they could get relegated into oblivion.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If Everton get done for an FFP breach, it will be very hard to avoid giving the same sanction to City.

I've no idea how strong a case either side have and i'm guessing 99.9% of those arguing the toss don't either. But it would be delicious to see the impotent rage of City fans if they get heavily sanctioned.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Surely the league should prove some of the charges and then ask City if they want any other offences taken into consideration, if they choose not to then the EPL can come back to the others later.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agreed.........but the independent panel the PL have referred it to is headed by a KC isn't it ? So the arguments will be 'legal' in nature, even if not under jurisdiction of law, so having the best lawyers will help.
I personally think the PL want rid of City for what ever reason, same as UEFA.
If applied right now, it would take them to -5, 10 points from safety.
Shows how bad the league is

9 games in and being on -5 isn't a death sentence.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I personally think the PL want rid of City for what ever reason, same as UEFA.

Shows how bad the league is

9 games in and being on -5 isn't a death sentence.
Everton look a better side than they have done recently.

I don't see them picking up loads against big 6 teams, but I reckon they'll win quite a few against the lower half teams

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d they try them one at a time then they could get relegated into oblivion.
Precisely. Once they are found guilty of some charges it will reach a point were it won't matter whether the rest are proven or not. Once Citeh hit a 15 point deduction and 2 year transfer embargo level of guilt then jobza goodun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here