Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton Points Deduction.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Pompey and Middlesbrough already happened,
Pompey were basically relegated already weren't they? I'm pretty sure they would have gone down without the points deduction, so it wasn't much of a punishment.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Would I be right in thinking that Everton have broken ffp in the traditional way? That is by spending beyond their means on shit players/managers. While city have done it by paying themselves over inflated sponsorship deals?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Would be worth it just to see Joey Barton squirm

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would I be right in thinking that Everton have broken ffp in the traditional way? That is by spending beyond their means on shit players/managers. While city have done it by paying themselves over inflated sponsorship deals?
I think so.

It’s also alleged that Citeh players were being paid modest amounts by the club to avoid FFP fines but their sponsors were picking up the tab of topping up the salaries to ensure their players are the amongst the highest paid in the division. Their sponsors obviously being companies owned by the same people.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The Prem don't have the bottle to hit them with a points deduction. The lower leagues do, but not the Prem.

They will get a slap on the wrist and a pathetic small fine and it will all be swept under the carpet, like Man City and Chelsea have done before.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They really have timed this so well, they could have had 15 points deducted and still stayed up. The promoted teams are pathetic, but we failed to beat one of them. :down:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
They really have timed this so well, they could have had 15 points deducted and still stayed up. The promoted teams are pathetic, but we failed to beat one of them. :down:
I agree to an extent but this will give those teams around them a real boost that there’s another club right in the mix. Equally Everton might be galvanised by the injustice of it all.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
they should have been relegated long ago for failing to achieve anything of note in the PL for around 20 years. Hopefully this puts their fans out of their misery and they enjoy some success further down the leagues.

Imagine cheating financially and still being that rubbish!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I agree to an extent but this will give those teams around them a real boost that there’s another club right in the mix. Equally Everton might be galvanised by the injustice of it all.
What injustices? Should have had them deducted last season & they'd have gone down so actually they are lucky.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Given how Dyche has them playing now, I think they will still survive, potentially with games to spare.

There will also be a huge siege mentality at the club which will probably spur them on further as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here