Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton Points Deduction.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Given how Dyche has them playing now, I think they will still survive, potentially with games to spare.

There will also be a huge siege mentality at the club which will probably spur them on further as well.
Agree. Glad some action has finally been taken for this sort of thing in the PL but I’m fairly confident they will stay up still. They’re a good team now.

Now to explain to the kids why Everton are suddenly second bottom of the PL table!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I thought this would drag on for ages. Everton are best off accepting the punishment now as they are very unlikely to get relegated this season even with the deduction.
new ffp rules. proceedings have to close in 3 months now. some people saying this has happened so quickly because leeds and burnley kicked off.

city and chelsea have much more historical charges (city’s aren’t all finance related anyway) so it will be a much longer process. still doubt either will receive a meaningful punishment. chelsea will go with the ‘different ownership, and we’ve been cooperating!!’ argument whereas city will drag it out in court for decades if need be. and of course i doubt the premier league (or sky) really want any of the big six to take a hit

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Leeds and Leicester both could have stayed up last year if the PL had pulled their fingers out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
They really have timed this so well, they could have had 15 points deducted and still stayed up. The promoted teams are pathetic, but we failed to beat one of them. :down:
There's an argument to say they can't be *that* pathetic, if they got something from the game. I know there were mitigating circumstances on Sunday, but every club has it's day at least a few times in the PL...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Given how Dyche has them playing now, I think they will still survive, potentially with games to spare.

There will also be a huge siege mentality at the club which will probably spur them on further as well.
Sadly they have the makings of a very strong spine with Brathwaite, Onana, Doucoure and Calvert-Lewin. You could probably make a case for each of them getting in our team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
10 points gives the PL plenty of wiggle-room. I fully expect this to be at least halved on appeal, with the rest of it suspended for 2 years or something.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
114 charges vs a couple a guess, it's all setting up to smash those 2 clubs
Yes, it sets the tone. Chelsea next. Let’s hope that’s a big one and it keeps them out of the top half. No Europe next season for them will mean they then fail FFP, and so another penalty. Then repeat and repeat until they get relegated. ( I don’t like them much 😁)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Cheated and stayed up by 2 points, punished now and 2 point from safety with 2/3rds of the season left - basically letting a thief be on bail for 4 years 11 months before being found guilty and giving a 5 year sentence with time on bail deducted

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
10 points gives the PL plenty of wiggle-room. I fully expect this to be at least halved on appeal, with the rest of it suspended for 2 years or something.
Given it has already been applied to the league table, I'd be surprised if it was changed yet again. Unless you mean the monetary amount?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here