Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
i personally did buy guest tickets, these were for my wife,daughter,nephew and sister in law…. they have attended a fair few games this season as a introduction to football for the little ones as they are 7, and myself and my brother in law are sth holders along with our other boys, we have purchased tickets all season for the others as sth guests as we know that we can get them for them without buying membership because we was unsure how the little ones would get on with watching football… now we can enjoy a family day at wembley…..

there was always going to be someone that misses out and our partners knew that and said if you can get some bonus, if not you lads have a great day we’re watch it on tv….

i get there’s no fair way for the club to set out the priority groups… whatever they had done someone would complain.

i hope they do release some more for those that missed out and if not plan a huge party have it on tv and enjoy it at home…. it will be a memorable day for every fan regardless of where you watch it……

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Watching both of them this season, I don’t know how you can say that?
Well both Potter and RDZ clearly thought the same until a few weeks ago. All players go in and out of form, Sanchez just went through a ropey patch for a few weeks, probably partly because he felt like he had no competition. People were talking about the big 6 clubs buying Sanchez for £50 million plus just a couple of months ago. Sanchez is getting on for 100 appearances in the Premier League at 25, Steele has made 6 at 31. I can't see how what I've said is in any way controversial.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite. He's a far superior keeper to Steele.
what? he often drops the ball for no reason (Palace notably but there are others) and his on the deck distribution from the back is worse. I agree that he is probably a better shot stopper but overall I'd go with Steele

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The people grizzling that they've been to a couple of games or that they have purchase history this season but have still dipped out - tough. Should've bought a membership shouldn't you.
Quite. It's not like the club suddenly sprung the information on people that a membership gets you priority for tickets just before the Semi.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The real problem with "purchase history" is a lot of fans were asking for it to go back further than this season. We all know that there has been a massive problem for the club with fans of opposing teams buying legitimate tickets in the home end. They would've been able to buy tickets ahead of STH guests under that understanding, I'm sure that would amount to, over the last few seasons, dozens, if not hundreds of United fans able to buy in the home end legitimately. Not even United though, I have purchase history at many other clubs and my only love is the Albion. I'd hardly imagine it would be fair for me to jump the queue ahead of the family of a West Ham fan if they got to the Conference League final this year.

STHs are responsible for their guests and you would hope due to that there'd be next to no one without an Albion connection in our end because of this.

This obviously doesn't excuse the poor communication around MyAlbion+ memberships, but I can't see why "purchase history" would have been fairer than STH guests.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Had a quick look but can't find many, have they got a dedicated moaning site?
A few comments on FB when club announced sold out - similar on Twitter.

D664E33B-F87E-4719-A0E6-B1D21CFB692F.jpeg

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
You are assuming that people being bought tickets aren't going to games. Just looking at this thread tells you there are people going to games but for various reasons haven't got membership. There is no perfect solution. If there is a significant group of non membership, recent purchase history people then the club got it wrong at that point. What it has done ,as has been said, is club has made it clear by its actions, is get a membership.
I’m an ex-STH, probably been to over 250 games home and away from league 2 and up, but moved away from Brighton 9 years ago. Since then I’ve never needed a membership to attend the 6/7 games I now get to per season (like Leeds a few wks ago), same position as all my friends who left home...so never bought one. Small sample size, but I think pretty common. Thankfully a Good Samaritan on here sorted me for the semi.

People saying ‘just get a membership’ is all well and good, and I probably now will next year so I can get away tickets. But it still misses the point that non-membership, and in many case non-Brighton (or even football!) fans got ahead of many genuine fans like me. I know at least a dozen day trippers in that category. It’s not the end of the world, but I still think they got this wrong.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022

View attachment 159352
But it’s a strange logic. Sounds like people who are just cross with themselves, but feel the need to blame others. If you can’t afford a £30 membership then how did you think you were going to afford your Wembley ticket? Surely “True fans” do what they need to do, if that’s what matters to them?

What’s to say there aren’t plenty of Members or STHs for that matter who aren’t “True fans” either and grew up supporting Arsenal or Spurs.

I’m not sure there’s a fair system that guarantees that every single “true fan” gets to go ahead of everyone else.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

View attachment 159352

As someone who is no longer a STH and didn't buy Albion+ membership, I took the view long ago that I was at the back of the queue. Luckily a STH bought for me in the first guests window but it was a chance I took. Next season I'll be buying Albion+ membership from the start.

What I don't get is that these apparent die hard Albion fans don't actually know anyone who couldn't have got them tickets, much as I did. I mean, I understand that not all passionate Albion fans are STHs, and even that they didn't buy membership (I fit into this category myself), but the idea that you don't have either AND you don't know Albion fans who can get tix for you seems very very strange to me. I think I'd have bought Albion+ membership if I felt that strongly that I might miss out.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

View attachment 159352
So you can't afford to spend £30 on a membership (which clearly states it gives you priority for tickets) but can afford to go to a cup semi final (that you don't have priority for tickets for because you didn't buy the membership)?

I'd love to know what qualifies these people as 'genuine fans'.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
But it’s a strange logic. Sounds like people who are just cross with themselves, but feel the need to blame others. If you can’t afford a £30 membership then how did you think you were going to afford your Wembley ticket? Surely “True fans” do what they need to do, if that’s what matters to them?
The affordability point is bollocks, if you can pay for a Wembley trip then a £30 membership is doable. The main gripe imo are the many non-Brighton fans who have been able to skip the queue ahead of genuine fans with genuine reasons for not having a membership. I know about 15 United fans in our end who are mates with STH…

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The club really should have done a window for people who didn’t have MyAlbion+ but had attended 3 games this season before it went to guests.

However as somebody who hasn’t bothered going to a game since Boxing Day 2020 but who has friends in Cat1 I am quite frankly delighted with the unfair system.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’m an ex-STH, probably been to over 250 games home and away from league 2 and up, but moved away from Brighton 9 years ago. Since then I’ve never needed a membership to attend the 6/7 games I now get to per season (like Leeds a few wks ago), same position as all my friends who left home...so never bought one. Small sample size, but I think pretty common. Thankfully a Good Samaritan on here sorted me for the semi.

People saying ‘just get a membership’ is all well and good, and I probably now will next year so I can get away tickets. But it still misses the point that non-membership, and in many case non-Brighton (or even football!) fans got ahead of many genuine fans like me. I know at least a dozen day trippers in that category. It’s not the end of the world, but I still think they got this wrong.
Did you post on the thread for people looking for tickets as STH guests?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here