Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Just for fun: what if Groß's decision on his future is in the balance and not knowing our next coach tips the scales against us?

Just for fun...

Ah, a what if. Also just for fun, what if knowing that Fabian Hürzeler will be Brighton’s next manager is tipping the scales against us?

Neither scenario is likely, I suspect Pascal knows what he wants to do and we’ll find out soon enough.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Ah, a what if. Also just for fun, what if knowing that Fabian Hürzeler will be Brighton’s next manager is tipping the scales against us?

Neither scenario is likely, I suspect Pascal knows what he wants to do and we’ll find out soon enough.
But what if Groß read NSC at the wrong moment, believed Potter was coming back and pressed the panic button?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It isn't that it all grinds to a halt, but some things would be best done with input from the head coach, and there is the matter of him moving his life to Brighton, which is hard to do whilst on tour in Japan. Sooner is better.

I agree, I was just questioning @jackalbion’s deeply held belief that it would irreparably wreck our season if the Hurzer deal was delayed. That seems to have been turned into me preferring Hurzeler to not appear until July, which isn’t actually the case, or something that I’ve argued.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I doubt the deal's in any danger of not going through. Bornemann is known in the business (over here) to be an incredibly strong negotiator but I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing holding the deal back rn is that he wants to have succession figured out before giving his final ok. That's kinda how he operates and he won't be rushed by anyone 😁

We don't have an owner btw, club's owned by the fans.

PS: Hope peeps from other clubs chiming in here is all right with you guys, at least in a situation like this 😣
Are you our new Swanny? :) Fine for people from other clubs to chime in, we even allow Palace fans as we're nice. You're definitely fine as it appears you're not a supporter of a club we're in competition with. There are 93 pages on this thread, I don't bother to read the threads about who may/may not be joining us, until they've joined. 93 pages seems like it has a lot of traction, so would you be so kind as to give me info?
I so far know he's 31, I can't pronounce his surname & that he was born in the US. De Zerbi didn't speak English, does Fabian (notice I've avoided trying to spell his surname)? As far as I know, he ticks the major box for our managers because most of us in Brighton had never heard of him until a couple of weeks ago, & I know nothing else. Would you be so kind to summarise his style for me please as you're a St Pauli fan and have seen him. Will he run up the touchline when we score a goal or will it be a reserved celebration? ;)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I agree, I was just questioning @jackalbion’s deeply held belief that it would irreparably wreck our season if the Hurzer deal was delayed. That seems to have been turned into me preferring Hurzeler to not appear until July, which isn’t actually the case, or something that I’ve argued.
I don’t think it would entirely wreck our season, but to not have a manager until July, would definitely affect our season. Most clubs managers are already starting work on what they want for next season. If we are going for Europa (not saying we are) to keep up we are realistically going to want to be flying out the gates. It won’t entirely wreck our season, but it will undeniably have an impact, like I said with the affects of PSR, manager input before the 30th of June is crucial.

albionalba

Football with optimism
NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
PS: Hope peeps from other clubs chiming in here is all right with you guys, at least in a situation like this
The saying "no use crying over spilt milk" seems appropriate with your username Herr Milch!
Google translate says "Es hat keinen Sinn, über verschüttete Milch zu weinen" :)
I hope some milch is spilt soon as this thread is stumbling along waiting for news and your insight hasn't cheered me up at all!

Are you our new Swanny? :) Fine for people from other clubs to chime in, we even allow Palace fans as we're nice. You're definitely fine as it appears you're not a supporter of a club we're in competition with. There are 93 pages on this thread, I don't bother to read the threads about who may/may not be joining us, until they've joined. 93 pages seems like it has a lot of traction, so would you be so kind as to give me info?
I so far know he's 31, I can't pronounce his surname & that he was born in the US. De Zerbi didn't speak English, does Fabian (notice I've avoided trying to spell his surname)? As far as I know, he ticks the major box for our managers because most of us in Brighton had never heard of him until a couple of weeks ago, & I know nothing else. Would you be so kind to summarise his style for me please as you're a St Pauli fan and have seen him. Will he run up the touchline when we score a goal or will it be a reserved celebration? ;)
I’m sure Milk has more information than I’ve found, but there’s an English speaking interview of Hurzeler on YouTube, no obvious language barrier. There’s also this YouTube video discussing his background (he is more German and Swiss than American) and tactics

Add this https://millernton.de/2024/06/10/wer-zur-hoelle-ist-brighton-hove-albion/#comment-160826

and this https://millernton.de/2023/09/06/der-huerzeler-fussball-fc-st-pauli/

for a fairly useful summary

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
PS: Hope peeps from other clubs chiming in here is all right with you guys, at least in a situation like this 😣

Sure is, thanks for coming over. We even tolerate fans from clubs we don't like, so to have a St Pauli fan here is a treat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Disappointed to miss out on Potter, but happy to settle for this guy.

Who says we missed out on Potter, and who says this guy would be 'settling'?

Some of the other reported options are horrifying and would write off this season for sure.

Reported by whom? The rumours generally mean nothing.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Well if St Pauli don't play ball, Tony buys the club, we get Hũrzeler and negotiate Potter to St Pauli, job done everyone happy.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think you need three years of data to get a good idea of the ability of a coach. Eg. I suspect RDZ rode Potters wave of success in the first season, and got found out and ran out of ideas in the 2nd. I suspect if he stayed here a third season, he would have been sacked for underperforming. Over time I believe it will be clear that Potter was a superior manager all along - and RDZ is one a trick pony, that will fail in his other endeavours.

Potter took us from perpetual relegation candidates into a solid mid table side. If Hurzeler takes us from a solid mid table side into solid European candidates within 3 seasons, I will totally accept that he is as good, if not better, than Potter.

But sadly, I'm not that optimistic. I believe it will be a MIRACLE if we've somehow identified this 31 year old worldie manager that will take the Premier League by storm. Realistically, I think he's the 'next best' available on the clubs' list. If he prevents relegation in his first two seasons, I'll be delighted.
Get over it, he dumped you and doesn't want you back.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Guest is fair enough but signed in user is rough these days.

I get why though and not a dig
What drives me mental is the way they cause the page to adjust/resize CONSTANTLY as they rotate. SO ANNOYING! The page just doesn’t stay still and sometimes I lose my place entirely.

‘I get why though and not a dig’ ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here