Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
With all respect who is going to want to sign for a club with no manager at that point? The manager (or head coach) has to prepare pre season training schedules, his plan with who is required within the squad, assessing the fitness of the squad. To think the manager is going to sit around twiddling his thumbs for a month watching football on Telly, is naive at best. This is football in the 21st century not Adams taking them for a run around the university then a couple of abandoned friendlies in Ireland.

I see things differently. We tend to look for prospects rather than finished article players. If our academy is still good (it is) those players will still be happy to come.

The medical and fitness team have already drawn up the pre-season schedules to maximise conditioning and minimise injuries. Mentioned in this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/55...uros-copa-america/?source=user_shared_articleWhat Brighton fans should look out for at Euro 2024 and Copa America

Players that we are interested in, we are likely to have been interested in under Potter, De Zerbi and now Hurzeler. There is no guarantee of a specific manager at any club, not just ours.

I feel it’s actually you being slightly naive if you feel that without a head coach the entire organisation just grinds to a halt. Is it better to have the head coach in place? Absolutely. Should we panic if it takes time? Nope.

In my view.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think you need three years of data to get a good idea of the ability of a coach. Eg. I suspect RDZ rode Potters wave of success in the first season, and got found out and ran out of ideas in the 2nd. I suspect if he stayed here a third season, he would have been sacked for underperforming. Over time I believe it will be clear that Potter was a superior manager all along - and RDZ is one a trick pony, that will fail in his other endeavours.

Potter took us from perpetual relegation candidates into a solid mid table side. If Hurzeler takes us from a solid mid table side into solid European candidates within 3 seasons, I will totally accept that he is as good, if not better, than Potter.

But sadly, I'm not that optimistic. I believe it will be a MIRACLE if we've somehow identified this 31 year old worldie manager that will take the Premier League by storm. Realistically, I think he's the 'next best' available on the clubs' list. If he prevents relegation in his first two seasons, I'll be delighted.
You are talking about Hűrzeler by only talking about Potter. There are several other threads that are dedicated to Potter where you can do that if you want. Please stop.

I agree with @Whitechapel that you’re trolling and while he can’t do something about it, I can,

Oh, and modern data models evolve almost minute by minute. No one needs three years worth on anything.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
You are talking about Hűrzeler by only talking about Potter. There are several other threads that are dedicated to Potter where you can do that if you want. Please stop.

I agree with @Whitechapel that you’re trolling and while he can’t do something about it, I can,

I'm contributing to the discussion. Potter, RDZ, the other candidates are relevant to the discussion.

Are you going to take away my server privileges again so that I can't access the site, as I'm discussing opinions that you don't agree with?

Why are you like this? None of the other mods are this authoritarian.

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I know that with all the reporting around this appointment it might well feel like it is a done deal, but I can't help but think us being managerless might give one or two targets pause when considering coming to us. Could be wrong of course.

Edit: What @jackalbion said

It may, but given that we will have a manager in place (I’m confident) well before the transfer window closes, I don’t see a delay as being fatal to any deal-making this summer. Worst case scenario is a prospect gets away. They won’t be the only prospect we’re keeping an eye on.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Uh?

If you think it’s Fabian Hũrzeler holding out for a higher fee you a very much mistaken - its been widely reported we’ve agreed personal terms and we have a work permit for him.

It wasn’t Caicedo holding out for £125M from Chelsea- it was us. We didn’t want to let him go but were prepared to do so at a highly inflated price.

That’s the meaning of the comparison - it wasn’t meant literally 🙄

It’s got fcuk all to do with villages and Mums but everything to do with St Pauli.

FCSP have just been promoted to the Bundesliga and we want not only their manager but very possibly several of their coaching team too - one that was already there before FH took over.

How much we give FCSP could be the difference between them staying up next season or being relegated. Of course they are driving a very hard bargain.
You are aware that I mainly post silly shit right?

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I'm contributing to the discussion. Potter, RDZ, the other candidates are relevant to the discussion.

Are you going to take away my server privileges again so that I can't access the site, as I'm discussing opinions that you don't agree with?

Can you two get a room or talk on pm it’s boring

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I see things differently. We tend to look for prospects rather than finished article players. If our academy is still good (it is) those players will still be happy to come.

The medical and fitness team have already drawn up the pre-season schedules to maximise conditioning and minimise injuries. Mentioned in this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/55...uros-copa-america/?source=user_shared_articleWhat Brighton fans should look out for at Euro 2024 and Copa America

Players that we are interested in, we are likely to have been interested in under Potter, De Zerbi and now Hurzeler. There is no guarantee of a specific manager at any club, not just ours.

I feel it’s actually you being slightly naive if you feel that without a head coach the entire organisation just grinds to a halt. Is it better to have the head coach in place? Absolutely. Should we panic if it takes time? Nope.

In my view.
I’m not saying it grinds to a halt, I’m saying that if we are going 2 months without a manager that would put us in a much worse position than not, as opposed to letting him sit at home and watch the euros. The club will not favour having no manager in this period. If we haven’t appointed a manager by the end of the month, we should 100% be panicking. Are you expecting to manager to assess the squad in a week, the moment the season ends the coach should be working on what he can do with the squad? If we have a manager doing that, we shouldn’t be hiring him, like I said this is modern football.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You are boring everyone always mentioning Potter. If you can't see that then there's no hope.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

No unless you stop trolling this thread you’re getting a short ban. So stop,

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
It may, but given that we will have a manager in place (I’m confident) well before the transfer window closes, I don’t see a delay as being fatal to any deal-making this summer. Worst case scenario is a prospect gets away. They won’t be the only prospect we’re keeping an eye on.
I'm less worried about prospects - who as you say above will be more concerned with the state of our academy and the pathway to first-team football - and more worried about experienced players who will care more about who the manager is and also likely be fielding interest from more clubs.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
With affects of PSR rules, we ideally want a manager in to take advantage of that. There is no good spending money on a first team ready player that the manager thinks is completely crap, and not what he needs.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
You are boring everyone always mentioning Potter. If you can't see that then there's no hope.
I feel I should speak up for us annoying twunts who post the same thing over and over again, derailing interesting threads and generally boring 99% of the readers.

Now, can this guy play left back?

#FreeTheAnnoyingTrollMustafa2

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think you need three years of data to get a good idea of the ability of a coach. Eg. I suspect RDZ rode Potters wave of success in the first season, and got found out and ran out of ideas in the 2nd. I suspect if he stayed here a third season, he would have been sacked for underperforming. Over time I believe it will be clear that Potter was a superior manager all along - and RDZ is one a trick pony, that will fail in his other endeavours.

Potter took us from perpetual relegation candidates into a solid mid table side. If Hurzeler takes us from a solid mid table side into solid European candidates within 3 seasons, I will totally accept that he is as good, if not better, than Potter.

But sadly, I'm not that optimistic. I believe it will be a MIRACLE if we've somehow identified this 31 year old worldie manager that will take the Premier League by storm. Realistically, I think he's the 'next best' available on the clubs' list. If he prevents relegation in his first two seasons, I'll be delighted.

I think you have a low bar for success, you are going to be delighted.

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’m not saying it grinds to a halt, I’m saying that if we are going 2 months without a manager that would put us in a much worse position than not, as opposed to letting him sit at home and watch the euros. The club will not favour having no manager in this period. If we haven’t appointed a manager by the end of the month, we should 100% be panicking. Are you expecting to manager to assess the squad in a week, the moment the season ends the coach should be working on what he can do with the squad? If we have a manager doing that, we shouldn’t be hiring him, like I said this is modern football.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. The club have already got the pre-season fitness plans in place, the squad are on holiday or playing in international tournaments.

I’m as keen as everyone else to see Hurzeler in action, but without the squad actually being there, all he can do is get input from the medical team, who are also new. :shrug:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. The club have already got the pre-season fitness plans in place, the squad are on holiday or playing in international tournaments.

I’m as keen as everyone else to see Hurzeler in action, but without the squad actually being there, all he can do is get input from the medical team, who are also new. :shrug:
Just for fun: what if Groß's decision on his future is in the balance and not knowing our next coach tips the scales against us?

Just for fun...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

In my view.
It isn't that it all grinds to a halt, but some things would be best done with input from the head coach, and there is the matter of him moving his life to Brighton, which is hard to do whilst on tour in Japan. Sooner is better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here