Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The lad is an Argentinian international and currently playing in LaLiga - barely down to championship level let alone League 1.

If we can’t use him here then lend him out to a lower Premier league Club or back out to another top flight European Club.
No, get him some experience of English football - he can improve his English at the same time. As I said, Championship would be ideal, but League 1 would still teach him a lot. A youngster who has failed at Sevilla isn't going to be snapped up by a PL team for a half season loan. Dealing with a set back - and taking a backward step to rebuild - is all good life experience.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No, get him some experience of English football - he can improve his English at the same time. As I said, Championship would be ideal, but League 1 would still teach him a lot. A youngster who has failed at Sevilla isn't going to be snapped up by a PL team for a half season loan. Dealing with a set back - and taking a backward step to rebuild - is all good life experience.
I know what you said, I just disagree with you about his skill level.

Edit - just to add; Players ‘fail’ on loan for all sorts of reasons. Invariably because they’ve been loaned to the wrong club. With Barco I suspect that he has difficulty adapting to new situations and he needs a lot of discipline and support but his football level is way above League 1 and I believe Championship too - place a player too far below their current level, they will get worse in the very least not get better than they already are (and it would certainly jeopardise his potential international call ups (which have already taken a step backwards) if he were not playing at a level he is capable of or showing signs of developing). He needs regular minutes though, so I agree bringing him back here will not likely be the first option.
🙂

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Personally I’d love to have Barco back in January to test his metal here if we have a call back clause - I think it was a mistake sending him out on loan personally.

- we are look a bit lacking at the back at the moment too imo - especially with Van Hecke out (probably until after the international break) - with 5 international breaks this season, an extra defender wouldn’t hurt us.
The last thing our high line defence currently needs is a less than speedy full back with questionable positional awareness.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The last thing our high line defence currently needs is a less than speedy full back with questionable positional awareness.
The last thing we currently need is a high line defence when we have questionable weaknesses and a lack of speed in our existing back line defenders and FBs. Hinsh isn’t a speedy full back but he covers the ground as does Barco.

Unfair to dismiss him on the basis he struggled to bed into De Zerbi’s overly complicated and obsessively intense system last season and made obvious mistakes when put under pressure with poor passes to him in dangerous areas - quite a few other young players had a crap period too last season. How many goals did our prodigy striker, Irish international score last season? How many people were saying Baleba should go out on loan? These lads need several seasons to develop. FH puts more emphasis on roles than position - players like Buonanotte and Barco should suit him well when they are better developed.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He looked VERY sharp
Indeed… interesting that so many of us (me included) were dead set against Cooper as our coach… from where I’m sitting he’s not doing badly at all 🤨

I was gutted when Facundo left, although given the ridiculous amounts of wingers, false 10s, actual 10s, might be a 9 or maybe a 10, obtuse 8s and elongated 11s we’ve got it was perhaps inevitable…

Hopefully we don’t lose him before we had a chance to really love him 😭

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The last thing we currently need is a high line defence when we have a questionable weakness and lack of speed in our existing back line and FB defenders. 🤷‍♂️
That’s a separate matter to your original comment that you’d love to get Barco back in our squad.

With the current system we’re playing and with the players we have it just doesn’t make much sense. He’d be behind Pervis and Ferdi, arguably Hinshelwood and maybe even Solly in a months time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That’s a separate matter to your original comment that you’d love to get Barco back in our squad.

With the current system we’re playing and with the players we have it just doesn’t make much sense. He’d be behind Pervis and Ferdi, arguably Hinshelwood and maybe even Solly in a months time.
You've just described my dream Conga.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Indeed… interesting that so many of us (me included) were dead set against Cooper as our coach… from where I’m sitting he’s not doing badly at all 🤨

I was gutted when Facundo left, although given the ridiculous amounts of wingers, false 10s, actual 10s, might be a 9 or maybe a 10, obtuse 8s and elongated 11s we’ve got it was perhaps inevitable…

Hopefully we don’t lose him before we had a chance to really love him 😭
Yep. Let's hope we keep him! Somebody needed to go out on loan, but he is very skillful. Perhaps this loan is the best thing for his development.
He's a young lad and doing very well at Leicester: 2 goals, 2 assists in a team that's been struggling 👏🏼👏🏼

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The lad is an Argentinian international and currently playing in LaLiga - barely down to championship level let alone League 1.

If we can’t use him here then lend him out to a lower Premier league Club or back out to another top flight European Club.
Barely - the extent of his involvement amounts to about 35 minutes in a meaningless friendly in a neutral country against ... El Salvador (currently ranked about 80th in the world).

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

I would love to get Barco back. Absolutely. I found him an exciting player to watch and I was looking forward to seeing him develop this season - I feel I’ve barely had a chance to see what he can do after all the excitement we went through in signing him. and the comparatively few mins he played last season.

But that is an emotional response.

However, that doesn’t mean it would be the best option for him or the Club from a development pov. He’s a young player and needs regular starts and he clearly wasn’t happy that FH couldn’t promise him that.

BTW - He can play in various positions, including LCB - with Van Hecke’s prognosis unknown, Veltman ill, Webster a bit hit and miss, Dunky struggling at times, Wieffer showing little so far, we are over-loaded on wingers but our defence is looking decidedly thin imo and we are not likely to be spending big money in January to resolve that. Not saying Barco is the answer by a country mile but something needs a reset.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He’s clearly and badly needed game time for so long, he’s getting it now and shining

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He did something similar for us last year, almost his trademark shimmy coming inside - just a shame we couldn't have given him a proper run of games in the right position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here