Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Falmer IS going to be announced TODAY**

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Last night I was confident in a Yes. Today I think it might be a No, or at least some sort of compromise that will see us struggle to meet the terms.
It's doing my heeed in!!

:angry:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
officail website is fine now

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Superphil said:
officail website is fine now

I think it's straining a bit at the moment....I can't get it to load???

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I can see the club server crashing in true Albion style at about 11am due to the sheer volume of webpage hits, followed closley by NSC leaving everyone in the dark about any announcement. I think Sky sports news could be the best source of any info. They are bound report on this story especially as there is little sports news about at the moment.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If this does prove to be a complete cop out it will be a F**king disgrace. We have had an inquiry, paid millions - they have to come up with an answer, otherwise what was the point.

Personally, I don't even see why the club should have to pay the costs if they win the case. It just means time-wasters like the Falmer few can stall and stall and stall decisions until the club goes out of business and the problem goes away. Not on.

helga

Aug 8, 2003
Have just heard from an informed source that decision will be an 'adjournment of 14 days' whereby all other sites will be looked at and then disregarded, hence leaving Falmer as a YES!!

This apparently is just to put the last case in place to try and avoid a legal challenge. Therefore I think it is good news as it means that they are trying to make sure that it goes through.

Fairly confident of the source, but don't shoot me if I am wrong.

Personally sounds a bit pointless given all the work put into this already to say another 14 days are going to make any difference but I guess they know best.

Anyone else heard this???

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I am worried now. Will they relase it via SMS at 11? Will the site be able to take the strain of us all logging on? What part of the ODPM site will it be posted? Someone please answer these questions so i can do some work before i get sacked.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I can't believe that this thread isn't a 'Sticky' !!

I also can't believe we'll get a decision today...

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
OPDM press releases can be at anytime from 9:30am onwards though normally on a Monday they are a bit a bit later in the day. I guess everyone directly invovled will get advance notice, and then have to inform the OPDM they have recieved and understood the advance notice before it gets made public. This could of course delay things by a few hours.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
helga said:
Have just heard from an informed source that decision will be an 'adjournment of 14 days' whereby all other sites will be looked at and then disregarded, hence leaving Falmer as a YES!!

This apparently is just to put the last case in place to try and avoid a legal challenge. Therefore I think it is good news as it means that they are trying to make sure that it goes through.

Personally sounds a bit pointless given all the work put into this already to say another 14 days are going to make any difference but I guess they know best.

Yep, the main one being Sheepcote Valley which will take about 5 seconds to rule out as the can't build on a landfill site that was filled in just 2 years ago.

Plus the E+F manager at a certain uni is quietly confident.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
helga said:

Pretty much heard the same from various places over the weekend.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe worth keeping doing Google Search on 'ODPM Falmer 26 July 2004' before the appointed hour - just in case somebody somewhere accidentally loads a page with the decision on before they're supposed to

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Tom Hark said:
Maybe worth keeping doing Google Search on 'ODPM Falmer 26 July 2004' before the appointed hour - just in case somebody somewhere accidentally loads a page with the decision on before they're supposed to

Only problem with that is that unless you get a complete match it will not be near the top. So you will not see it unless you go looking.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wish they'd hurry up. I've taken the day off to finish the painting and I keep having to come upstairs to check the Web. My missus is going to kill me if it's not finished when she gets home but how am I meant to concentrate?

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Gwylan said:
I wish they'd hurry up. I've taken the day off to finish the painting and I keep having to come upstairs to check the Web. My missus is going to kill me if it's not finished when she gets home but how am I meant to concentrate?

Try being in the office and attempting to get some work done!! Oh well, at least I'm being paid :)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
balloonboy said:
Try being in the office and attempting to get some work done!! Oh well, at least I'm being paid :)

Same here im lucky at the moment since the computer system is down, hopefully it will stay down to lunch time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here