falmer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lord Bracknell: do you know where Brighton University are planning to build?

If it is Mithras House, I think we might be in trouble? (that's just being pessimistic)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Its not Mithras House.

As far as i know its the old barracks on Lewes Road next to two buildings that alraedy exist (Watts Building and Cockcroft building)

If this is true then planning permission will be given immediatly as there have been talks about it for ages.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I don't know much about planning matters except that they take time: I find the first bit of the process unlikely. With the inquiry not yet finished, we have to wait for the inspector's report, then it will go to Prescott's office, where his people will examine it all over again and make their decision. Call my a cynic but to expect that to happen by the end of the year seems impossibly optimistic. Try the middle of `04??

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As far as I am aware, but maybe Lord B will confirm that JP's decision is final and there is no appeal?

We have been told the decision will arrive within a couple of months

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Best case scenario: First match in August 2005.
Worst case scenario (when approved by Prescott): 2006.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Albionite83 said:
Best case scenario: First match in August 2005.
Worst case scenario (when approved by Prescott): 2006.

That's my understanding as well

note - this isn't necessarily saying that the stadium will be complete in those timeframes, merely that enough of it will be complete to stage football matches

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
We've already had the delivery to Prescott, now it's the decision in early Nov.

I don't give a shit what timescale they have

I'll be there on Nov2 with my spade and penknife hacking down trees,clearing bushes and starting to dig.
Anyone got any spare cones because i'll need to stop the traffic?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
see you there then Lush.(wear an old t-shirt)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
can the Nimby's appeal if Prescott says yes though?

THen of course they'll find some Roman ruins, badger nests, rare orchids, fossilised mammoths etc as soon as construction starts and have to stop the diggers until Tony Robinson's team have gone over the site for a year or two....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
sherriffbart said:
You cannot put something out to tender without having planning permission

As I said in the other thread, this is utter tosh.

I am currently negotiating three projects and tendering subcontracts and the planning application only went in at the end of August, decision expected no earlier than end of December.

For Christs sake stop making people think the club don't know what they're doing!

overcgull

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton, of course
Going on his skill and efficiency over the last few years, if Martin Perry is involved in the process it could take f***ing decades to get the intial building site Portaloos put in place, and an additional 1 - 2 years to negotiate a punitively expensive contract with some bunch of cowboys to empty the things. Hopefully, he's with us because it got MacAlpines in, and not for his personal talents(?).

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think that the earliest we get a new stadium is will be 2010
because funding will be an issue and more unforseen problems
will arise from the mist to harass us.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I saw the McAlpine stadium being built - It doesn't take the sort of time scale some people think it will.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Dont no why we are having this subject! We all know Prescott will say NO!!

We've been having knock backs for years and this decision will be the nail in our coffin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports