[Albion] Fans Forum

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They do now.

But the point is that loyalty points should go to a fan, not a seat number.

“"We have a responsibility to ensure those attending away matches are entitled to receive tickets, and also that everyone in our loyalty point programme has a fair chance of attending games”

Based on the above it would suggest that a person with no previous purchase history going to an away match, because the 1901 ticket has accumulated points, is wrong.

It says ‘everyone’ being treated fairly. No them and us, just supporters.
How do you feel about staff being able to buy away tickets without the required loyalty points ?

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
How do you feel about staff being able to buy away tickets without the required loyalty points ?
The same way I feel when club staff give tickets to people for home matches, when the recipient is a supporter of the opposition. This has happened because people talk and it breeds resentment.

This happened at Chelsea at home.

Went round college.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They do now.

But the point is that loyalty points should go to a fan, not a seat number.

“"We have a responsibility to ensure those attending away matches are entitled to receive tickets, and also that everyone in our loyalty point programme has a fair chance of attending games”

Based on the above it would suggest that a person with no previous purchase history going to an away match, because the 1901 ticket has accumulated points, is wrong.
You seem to be tying yourself in knots, here.

If the club's rules for 1901 account holders dictate that they ARE permitted to allocate one of their tickets (with sufficient points) to any named guest, then that person is, by definition, 'entitled' to receive the ticket. :shrug:

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
You seem to be tying yourself in knots, here.

If the club's rules for 1901 account holders dictate that they ARE permitted to allocate one of their tickets (with sufficient points) to any named guest, then that person is, by definition, 'entitled' to receive the ticket. :shrug:
I’m not, you’re just not reading the quote from the club. The rules and the quote do not align.

The whole issue is the points being allocated to a person, not a ticket that can get passed around. The only knots are being tied by the club. They contradict themselves.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This discussion has been done to death. It’s a long standing benefit in return for paying a premium price and committing to 5 years. As I say, you’re better emailing this question to Barber.
Its an unpopular policy though, and despite constant people voicing their displeasure, including 1901 passing tickets onto Liverpool supporters into the away end at Anfield. Its nonsense and should really change.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Completely different, the club have an allocation for staff, who admittedly do a lot of hard work, and should have perks as such. End of the day, the away points should be allocated to one person for 1901 holders at the beginning of the season. It makes a mockery of the system, and in all honesty the bans that have been handed out to people for passing on tickets.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Completely different, the club have an allocation for staff, who admittedly do a lot of hard work, and should have perks as such. End of the day, the away points should be allocated to one person for 1901 holders at the beginning of the season. It makes a mockery of the system, and in all honesty the bans that have been handed out to people for passing on tickets.
A friend of mine works in the warehouse at the Amex and she’s never mentioned away tickets. I know they get a free ST.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its an unpopular policy though, and despite constant people voicing their displeasure, including 1901 passing tickets onto Liverpool supporters into the away end at Anfield. Its nonsense and should really change.
I had about 8 Liverpool fans sitting in front of me when we played them in the FA Cup many years ago......turned out it was Craig Noone's family......his mum literally sat in front of me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not really, staff (presumably subject to certain conditions) can buy 2 away tickets effectively as 'Tier 1' when they go on sale without LPs so not from a separate allocation.

Point for me is that it's similar - it's a benefit that goes with a particular status/category :shrug:

I don't disagree re the points allocation for 1901 though. Should only be able to buy tickets if the nominated 1901er has sufficient points, and if they pass the ticket on (legitimately) they don't get the points for that game (ie get the points for actual attendance, not buying one). Also, passing on to away fans shouldn't be allowed, but then the club don't stop that happening with STH Guest tickets for any game either

I guess whatever they put in place will irk someone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did they have a bin rummage at half time?
No. What was amusing is that me and the guy sat next to me sponsored his kit at the time....she knew my name!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not really, staff (presumably subject to certain conditions) can buy 2 away tickets effectively as 'Tier 1' when they go on sale without LPs so not from a separate allocation.

Point for me is that it's similar - it's a benefit that goes with a particular status/category :shrug:

I don't disagree re the points allocation for 1901 though. Should only be able to buy tickets if the nominated 1901er has sufficient points, and if they pass the ticket on (legitimately) they don't get the points for that game (ie get the points for actual attendance, not buying one). Also, passing on to away fans shouldn't be allowed, but then the club don't stop that happening with STH Guest tickets for any game either

I guess whatever they put in place will irk someone.
I agree but I think if you asked most fans they would be fine with the staff tickets, but I feel like the 1901 issue which has been going on for while, irks a majority of the support.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A friend of mine works in the warehouse at the Amex and she’s never mentioned away tickets. I know they get a free ST.
The lady sat immediately in front of us on our flight (from Southampton) to Amsterdam, worked for the club and had her Ajax tickets (her and her young son) through the club. It was pretty clear from her conversations that she was not a regular away traveller.

She said that it had been possible for them to get club tickets for Marseilles, too - but that the club had actually recommended the staff not to attend that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports