Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] FAO Hove & Portslade Constituents who's getting your vote?

Who’s gonna get your vote

• Greens (Sophie Broadbent)

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Labour (Peter Kyle)

Votes: 46 58.2%
  • Conservatives (Carline Deal)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Lib Dems (Michael Wang)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Reform (Martin Hess)

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Independent (Tanushka Marah)

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pretty sure there was a Martin Hess there when I was there, I am 67 but he was older than me so would make him 70. I guess it might be his son....

He has said the dreaded ' I work in IT for HP & IBM' and seemingly at a pretty senior level. Had many dealings with both companies including working for the former....
That Martin Hess. I've actually interviewed him when he was working for a company called OSCL - I thought the name sounded familiar.

He's also been chairman of Telefonica Tech, part of a Spanish company and worked in Paris for a French company. But, of course, he wasn't an immigrant, he's an expat.

Dec 29, 2011
He's a Vice Chair of Labour Friends of Israel. Labour's stance on a ceasefire and support for Israeli genocidal actions mean I can't vote for him this time round.
I always vote Labour, but after reading this thread and realising how pro-genocide Mr Kyle seems to be, I can't possibly vote for him.

I might go independent to spice things up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well I assume that is in keeping with your clear conscience policy from your last GE vote where you put us through 5 years of Johnson and this current cabal :wink:

Whatever happened to that wonderful local principled politician Nemeth ?

Maybe you should stand as an independent councillor on Brighton council. There is a very good chance I may well vote for you, particularly if Ivan and Timmy are standing against you :thumbsup:

And, for once, I'm serious :ohmy:
Do I REALLY have to explain yet AGAIN to you how voting in FPTP works in this country ? Or do you just act dumb for comic effect ?

No idea what happened to Nemeth - probably the same outcome as many of the Green councillors who last lost their seats ( if only it would have included Steve 'Hypocrite' Davis - he needs to return to snooker ).

Thank you for your confidence in me if I stood against a racist Tory (Lyons) and an idiot all mouth no trousers Tory (still awaiting the knock from the police Timmy - and I know you still read NSC :ROFLMAO:) but I think :

a. It's unlikely I would stand for council

b. Even more unlikely, if I did stand, it would be against BOTH the racist and the village idiot :wink:

And here endth the Westdene Seagull election broadcast.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Season ticket holder throughout our time at Withdean.
Well he can have a super fan medal along with 4 or 5000 others.

I’m still not voting for someone with dubious views on Covid and who believes in ending the “wokerati”.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Peter Kyle, Labour.

I've had an issue that I've felt strongly enough to email my MP about, and I was satisfied with a thoughtful and almost useful reply from Peter Kyle.

But that's not the real reason.

The real reason is that the rest of the options are f***ing abysmal.

Democracy is broken. I'm lucky that Peter Kyle is a decent enough MP, but it's pretty shit how my vote makes literally zero difference to anything.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
I had a little read of his Bio and it was interesting, I agree with a lot of what he said but then he has to toe the party line of "gender war" and "Wokerati". Just buzz words to energise their people. Otherwise, a reasonable piece. And a genuine local. I won't be voting Reform unless I suffer some kind of brain injury.

One of his beliefs is tolerance.

lol.

Dec 29, 2011
Did she say much about Ukrainians or Uyghurs?
I think the difference is we can't do much about the Uyghurs. We've tried to raise it with China, but obviously it hasn't done much.

On the other hand we supply weapons to Israel which blow up women and children. I think we could be doing more in this respect.

Just because one situation in the world is bad, it doesn't mean we have to accept every situation as being bad.

Almost 10% of the Gaza population has been wiped out in the last 8 months. Labour party members who wanted to speak up were initially threatened with sanctions from the party (later rescinded). It's a shocking state of affairs, and one Kyle seems pretty happy supporting.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I find it crazy that the MRP models have predicted Hove as Labour's safest seat in the whole of the south-east of England, a region that includes Southampton, Portsmouth, Reading and Oxford. I remember Labour winning Hove in 1997 being the moment I realised what a huge landslide that election was, amazing how much it has changed since Sainsbury's huge majorities in the 80's.

Dec 29, 2011
I find it crazy that the MRP models have predicted Hove as Labour's safest seat in the whole of the south-east of England, a region that includes Southampton, Portsmouth, Reading and Oxford. I remember Labour winning Hove in 1997 being the moment I realised what a huge landslide that election was, amazing how much it has changed since Sainsbury's huge majorities in the 80's.
Check the odds for a labour win, absolutely incredibly short. Last I heard it was something around 1/200. That's basically a statistical certainty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here