Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Clash Song?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Haven't bothered to look through the thread, with all respect.

I'm sure it's above this BUT...............

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not Down
Something About England
Complete Control
Revolution Rock
City of the Dead
Janie Jones
One More Time
Garageland
Straight to Hell
All the Young Punks
What's My Name
Broadway
Clampdown
And of course...
White Man (in Hammersmith Palais)

As he said you could go on and on. As they said back in the 70's
'The only band that matters'

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
They say never meet you heroes...I met both of mine, Joe Strummer and Peter Ward, can't say I was disappointed, both true legends. Best Clash track? Something for every mood, so tough to choose one. Cost of Living EP is epic with Capitol Radio, Gates of the west and Groovy Times. Opening of Janie Jones is immense. First 20 seconds of Police and Thieves does it every time. Washington Bullets as true as ever. Vacuum cleaner sucks up budgie. But if I had to pick one, probably White Man has it all, B side the Prisoner wasn't bad either.

Also Like the Levellers version of this:

Also:

White Man In Hammersmith Palais
This Is England
Rock The Casbah
Complete Control
Should I Stay Or Should I Go
London Calling

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Was going to start this with a story of why The Clash Are my favourite band, but will save that for another thread. Favourite songs you say: Career Opportunities, Brand New Cadillac, Stay Free, Death or Glory, Straight to Hell, & I FOUGHT THE LAW...i'm now going to put them on & have a jump around - goodnight!

Oct 2, 2008
Lots of great stuff on this thread but amazed that one of my all time faves hasnt had a mention .......so heres a shout for Clash City Rockers

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Stay free
Somebody got murdered
Washington bullets
Charlie don't surf
Gates of the west
Hate and war
Hitsville UK
Groovy times
Safe European Homes.........

And list goes on........

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The influence of the Clash on the music world is vastly underestimated and musically more gifted than many give them credit for, I love the Clash. Too many great songs to list.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If adlf hitler flew in today
They'd send a limousine anyway!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Favourite clash song changes with the mood. Impossible to pick one but if I'm ever in doubt what to play then a clash album is what goes on.

btnred

Jan 24, 2010
I used to drive around as a courier listening to The Clash with my little girl who was about 6 at the time, and she loved Bankrobber one day she went to school and in assembly the teacher asked what their Dad did or a job, apparently she stood up and very proudly said my Daddy is a Bankrobber, when I went to a school fete about two weeks later I have never seen so many parents give me a wide berth. Love her.

Love Rudi can't fail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here