Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2003's worst 10 films of all time

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The list can't be complete as it does have Spice World the movie or Freddy Got Fingered on it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
AI was superb so :salute: .

Anyone who is going so start having a go at the bearded wonder Spielberg is on very very dodgy territory I can tell you.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've only seen one of those films in its entirety (BWP) so can't really comment on how bad they all. I tried to watch Titanic, but it was pretty awful so gave up.

But what does strike me about this list is that all the films are from the last ten years. We're getting on for 100 years of cinema now and there are plenty of shockingly bad films before that (the original Titanic movie for a start).

This sort of thing also happens with the best films/sporting stars/music etc. Why do we have such short term memories when it comes to these filling in these polls?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What, so you're on dodgy ground unless you say everything he's ever done has been (equally) brilliant? Who in life can say that? *Cue Dick Knight fan club*

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Tooting Gull said:
I don't think the problem with AI is people not understanding it, anyway you understand what you want from a film.

The problem with it is that it was ludicrously oversentimentalised pap. The director is known for getting off on 'moving' the audience, in that film he totally lost the plot and went for what was going to make middle America blub. No thanks.

i don't think it was oversentimentalised. i think that was one of the points of the film..should you feel sorry for this kid/robot. kind of interesting no?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Just let me at that Spielberg. The maker of two fantastic films and the ruination of so many of my expectations and hopes.
Duel and Jaws were incredible. Simple films with an excellent pace to them and a mischeivous side. The Indiana Jones films also great fun.
Other than that, he has churned out an endless stream of artless, blundering shite; his giant bearded feet stomping over storylines worthy of more.
I'll get you Spielberg! One of these days!!

I quite liked Batman & Robin! Vanilla Sky was ok too.

I have so far refused to watch Titanic because I think it would make me feel ill. I strobgly agree with Battlefield Earth (written by the crap Sci-Fi writer who then 'invented' Scientology and convinced gullible stars to part from their cash - that is why Travolta made the film, in tribute to their great leader!)and Pearl Harbour being on the list. They are responsible for a few hours of my life i'll never get back.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Strange list.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Artless, blundering shite - what, like Schindler's List??

:glare:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Schindler's List :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
what was that crap film with Jennifer Lopez where she went in the mind of the criminal?? watched about 5 minutes and fell asleep....

Eyes Wide shut was a complete waste of acting talent from Ms Kidman...typical Mr Cruise though...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting views, MB. In what way was the film badly-made?

Worst film ever made (IMHO) - The fast and the Furious. No real plot, the most wooden acting in film history and loads of wittering about 'a 10 second car', 10 second bloody script more like. I know lots of people liked it for the pretty cars, but surely if you like that sort of stuff there are plenty of programmes on Sky Sports at strange times of day. then the ultimate insult, they made a second one. Wankers!:censored: :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Meade - 99 out of 100 people will say Schindler's List is very good or better , Meade says its crap to make him sound superior to us mere mortals who cannot see the flaws in the film like meade can. What a fecking joke ! :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Simster said:
a pretenscious, piss poor waste of 3 hours only redeemed by about 5 seconds of copious amounts of shagging.

That sounds like one of my typical dates, Simster.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
How can anyone defend Pearl Harbor? I would probably have put it at number one. A simply appalling film! Ok, so it had some decent special effects, but even if you forget the fact that it completely neglected the real tragedy of the event itself there is nothing to make that film any good. I'd rather watch the rest of that list three times through each than sit through Pearl Harbor again. An absolutely tragic piece of film-making.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Shut up GG.
I make up my own mind about things. Don't give a shit whether anyone agrees with me or not.
Just stating my opinion. That its better than yours is mere coincidence.

:D :D

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the list may be wrong however some of the coments where first class.

i wanted to give away my eyes
and it sunk there ive saved you 3 hours of your life, about titanic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here