Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final Placing. Season 2011/2012

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It's very early days I know! Loan possibilities to sort out and new players to bed in (particularly if we loan). So if you were to predict the future, where do you think our final league table postion will be before the playoffs?
Ok no one biting so I'll say we will be fourth!

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
As long as we finish above palace and don't get relegated I really don't care, obviously it would be nice to get automatic/playoffs but I would be happy with mid table.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'll wait for a while and see how we get on against the so-called "big clubs".
I'm really optimistic about this season. I know we shouldn't get carried away just yet as it's still early days, but I've got as really strong feeling that we are going to have another "stormer".

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
2nd Automatic promotion leaving Southampton by goal difference in the play offs and then them losing out.
or last play off place on goal difference from Southampton and promotion at Wembley.
Payback for 1978 !!!

welshseagull

Jul 12, 2011
This division has the potential to be the most unpredictable in history. Top half finish
, anything better a bonus. Having said that, as long as Gus stays, who knows whats possible.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I said play-offs last season so will say the same this term. :thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
still saying mid-table , next month is going to be tough so it depends how we get on with that. Ask me again next month.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
As long as we finish above palace and don't get relegated I really don't care, obviously it would be nice to get automatic/playoffs but I would be happy with mid table.

No offence, but given our start and adding the signing of the best player we've ever had, I don't see how mid-table could be anything other than a disappointment.

Of course the play-offs are far from guaranteed, and we'll have to do bloody well if we're going to climb up to the Premier League already, but top 6 has to be the target, doesn't it? We do have an outside chance of top 2, so I'd have to think if someone offered me 6th now - I probably wouldn't take it. If someone offered me 12th, I'd tell them where to stick it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
8th. We haven't played any of the big clubs yet.

Cardiff, who have finished in th top 6 of this league for as many years as I can remember.

Blackpool, fresh out of the Prem, with pretty much their entire squad intact (Ferguson & Phillips in for Adam & Campbell)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Automatic Promotion.

Optimistic? Yes. But seeing the way we've played in August and the continual additions to the depth of our squad, this is where we're aiming at. I see it being us, West Ham and Southampton in the Top 3, but reckon we'll make either 1st or or a close 2nd.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think we'll know a little better after we lose our first game and see how long it takes us to bounce back to winning ways...
I think you are dead right, a defeat could knock confidence, and could possibly take a game or two to come back.
No offence, but given our start and adding the signing of the best player we've ever had, I don't see how mid-table could be anything other than a disappointment.

Of course the play-offs are far from guaranteed, and we'll have to do bloody well if we're going to climb up to the Premier League already, but top 6 has to be the target, doesn't it? We do have an outside chance of top 2, so I'd have to think if someone offered me 6th now - I probably wouldn't take it. If someone offered me 12th, I'd tell them where to stick it.

I'd take 6th in a heartbeat. But its a long hard season fella, and it ain't gonna be easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here