Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] First time visitor: advice welcome

Wieffergoat

Sep 26, 2024
How long are you here for? I appreciate we are a nation of piss heads - myself included - but there is also plenty to do in Brighton that doesn't involve sitting in a pub should you want to see the sights.
Its a short stay. Arrive on saturdaymorning en going back sunday lunchtime. Because of work etc this is what it is but defenitly looks like a nice city!

Wieffergoat

Sep 26, 2024
Isn't this the game where there are about a hundred Dutch fans coming over? Started by somebody who I think is one of the Van Hecke family. They've filled a couple of coaches, so the prospect of a round of Links Rechts at the Amex is looking absolutely terrific.
Oh your serious? Thats funny. Were here to see if you're all are treating Wieffer and Minteh nice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks! Much appriciated. I think I will go for some pubfood. Give the 16 year old proper taste of English food.
Seems unkind.

A lot of pubs won't allow 16 year olds after 7pm, even when eating (depends on their license).

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Hi there all of u!

Were visiting the home game against Wolves on the 26th of october.
We are a family of 5 from the Netherlands. (Senior, 3 brothers and a 16 y old teen)

Tickets booked
Train Booked
Hotel booked

Need advice:
pre match 'cant miss' places
restaurant / pubs for food after the match

And: I read that sometimes it's difficult to get inside a bar or something like that after 9 in the evening. Any advice on that?

Looking forward to our visit!!
Don’t buy any food inside the stadium it’s horrible. Eat before you go in. Get there early if you don’t want to queue up to get into the main club shop. Don’t be scared to ask fans for help with finding where you are. The ponytail guy staff in north stand is very helpful but some of the high vis agency staff are useless. Bring your debit/credit card.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi there all of u!

We are a family of 5 from the Netherlands. (Senior, 3 brothers and a 16 y old teen)

Tickets booked
Train Booked
Hotel booked

Need advice:

And: I read that sometimes it's difficult to get inside a bar or something like that after 9 in the evening. Any advice on that?

Pre-match get yourself down the Prince Albert. It's only 100 metres down from the station (under the bridge) and get family photos to die for of the Dead Pop Star wall. Very decent beer too. Then retrace your footsteps and the Battle Of Trafalgar 100 metres up from the station will serve you a hearty pub lunch and, again, very decent beer

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Hi there all of u!

Tickets booked
Train Booked
Hotel booked

Need advice:

Hey there. Have a great time.

Lots of pub options been mentioned already in town. All good places and it's worth remembering Brighton is a big holiday destination for people from the UK so hundreds of pub and restaurant options throughout the city. Mostly walking distance so worth getting round if you have time.

A few other pubs that might be worth Looking at are Basket Makers, Lord Nelson (both good for good pub food) Battle of Trafalgar, Hand in Hand (in Kemptown - tiny and weird but worth a look for the novelty).

Kids will be OK in restaurants and stuff. In kemptown there are lots of good places to eat up St James Street and St George's Road that follows on from it (i like Anatolia). A lot of decent pubs and bars up there too, and something a bit different. It can 'feel' a bit edgier up there than the city centre later at night but in my experience it's fine.

I'd echo what others have said about staying in the stadium for a bit after the match. Nothing will put a downer on your trip more than standing in the rain in a massive queue for an hour waiting for a train.

If you've got nowhere to be, hang around in the bars in the stadium and talk with a foreign accent and you'll get plenty of interaction and conversation there and head off to town when it's relaxed a bit.

It's a metropolitan city, safe and very used to foreign visitors so have a great time!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
If you're going back in to town after the match, Brighton trains - straight down the middle!

Dec 29, 2011
You can't take a backpack into the ground, only small purses. Keep this in mind.

Also, don't get your hopes up about the atmosphere, it's pretty shocking. Have fun.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You can't take a backpack into the ground, only small purses. Keep this in mind.

Also, don't get your hopes up about the atmosphere, it's pretty shocking. Have fun.
You can take small backpacks - I do every game.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You will struggle to get your teen into bars after 8pm (some pubs have different times) some will say no, whatever the time is. Narrow down your selections from what people suggest & then ring them to check what time your teen can stay until. Then book a table in a restaurant for after that. 🙂
He's probab;ly 6'7 with a tache and looks wiser then half the north stands Dads! 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here