Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

food - poor service poor quality

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I've got an idea, how about eating BEFORE you come to the game? say at 1ish? You know, like you do every other day of of the week.

It baffles me when people moan that they can't get a ****ing pie at 15:45. When else's do you eat at at quarter to four? Are you all chronically obese?

Barberkhan

Apr 27, 2009
Cuckfield
On a slightly different note: I was disappointment to see that the Candy Store in the family stand ESL. Is no longer! Apparently even though it is supposed to be the family stand and the sweet shop was great for the kids it will now be another beer point. Anyone else of the same opinion?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2:25 and no food. Stood my ground and waited. Saw a cheeseburger and told him to grab it. Ordered Harveys and Fanta. Waited then waited some more. Saw another cheeseburger being put into display and told him to grab it. In the 5 minutes we had been at the front of the queue only two burgers showed up.

Sounds pretty much like the food queue system in communist-era Russia

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On a slightly different note: I was disappointment to see that the Candy Store in the family stand ESL. Is no longer! Apparently even though it is supposed to be the family stand and the sweet shop was great for the kids it will now be another beer point.

There was one in the North Stand. Does seem like it may have done more business in the Family stand.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I must admit that I was disappointed with the pies over the previous two games and said as much in another thread. Yesterday I attempted to purchase a pork roll as I saw one being eaten just in front of me in the North Stand. But alas and alack, no rolls at half time and probably none at full time I was informed.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
On a slightly different note: I was disappointment to see that the Candy Store in the family stand ESL. Is no longer! Apparently even though it is supposed to be the family stand and the sweet shop was great for the kids it will now be another beer point. Anyone else of the same opinion?

It was there for the Newport game.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
yeah I agree. I'm also not liking this new stadium.

They should knock it down and build a replica of the withdean!

Barberkhan

Apr 27, 2009
Cuckfield
Yes the sweet trolley was there as a replacement to the sweet shop that we had in ESL. Good, but not the same as the shop were we had more choice and easier to get served as there were two people serving and they had cold drinks which saved queueing at a food outlet

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
, I just want to get what I want!

Don't we all.

As it happens yesterday, I walked into East Stand Upper around 2.15 and got a pie of my choice with minimal queuing on arrival. At half time I walked down on the whistle not overly fussed if I had a pint or not. As it happens there were only 2 people queuing at the Harvey's pump so I had one.

Had I not been so lucky, I would have dealt with it without the need to whinge on the internet. Catering for this number of people isn't easy & if I compare to my experiences at events of a similar size (festivals/ stadium gigs) the catering at the Albion wipes the floor with them.

Keep going though, I find these threads really amusing. Strange how they are always fuller and more vitriolic after a defeat, some people really are that desperate for a scapegoat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When did we all become spoilt brats??
From the moment we had everything handed to us on a plate, and we didn't have to think.
Not to mention the sense of self-importance people get from having a e-mail reply from the chief exec.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've got an idea, how about eating BEFORE you come to the game? say at 1ish? You know, like you do every other day of of the week.

It baffles me when people moan that they can't get a ****ing pie at 15:45. When else's do you eat at at quarter to four? Are you all chronically obese?

My sentiments entirely also saves on the calories as well not eating more.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

We do it support the club. I doubt there would be a club without retail sales.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I like a pie and a pint at football.
They are great pies, it's a nice pint.

The kids like all the family stand entertainment and to meet Gully, as well as loiter down the front at half-time.

We enjoy the communal nature of our club and the happy safe environment it projects.

But all those things are nice additions to watching The Albion.
I don't take them for granted.
I don't assume everything will be perfect, every day.
I do understand the logistics of supply and demand when talking about 25k+ people.

I certainly don't come crying on here like a little girl, when I haven't got my way.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

The kids like all the family stand entertainment and to meet Gully, as well as loiter down the front at half-time.

We enjoy the communal nature of our club and the happy safe environment it projects.

I do understand the logistics of supply and demand when talking about 25k+ people.

I certainly don't come crying on here like a little girl, when I haven't got my way.

Exactly.

There's also some real (passive) agressive a**eholes who seem to gain real enjoyment out of seeing the catering staff squirm & it kind of makes me a bit embarrassed truth be told.

Jimmy Grimble

I'm amazed that people still eat the burgers and hot dogs.

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
My hot dog was crap, but I was hungry, so had another, knowing it was crap. Two crap hot dogs, one soggy, one dry,
It ain't the hot dogs I'm worrying about, but great food thread, anything to take the froth off the rubbish witnessed yesterday, last week with Newport.

Hope the hot dogs and the football improve

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

Absolutely 100% this!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Service was quite good and bad for me, in ways. I requested 2 veggie pies, not just for me, SIZISTS! And none were available. They suggested i go and queue somewhere else. I said i wouldn't do that after queuing already here. And off they went to get me the pies i wanted. Behind me in the queue was an enraged chap who didn't like me getting almost good customer service as it was eating into his eating time and getting to his seat. He went ahead as the pie-fetcher cantered off to elsewhere that had meatless pastries. No one returned, sadly, whilst i supped on my pint and waited. After 5 minutes or so new veggie pies had been baked and presented in their regular slots, whilst my server told me to hang on as they were still being collected. Couldn't i have those ones there, i said, and upon inspection she turned and gave a slightly huffy ok then. The pies were received, the pint finished and up to our seats we went for noshings with seconds to spare.
Not perfect, but why should it be? At least they mostly tried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here