Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedom of speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bozza has to deal with some absoulte Bell Ends on a daily basis and does a fantastic job. Sometimes I don't know how he puts up with it.

D

Deleted member 22389

Why isn't it allowed to be discussed?

Not complaining, just curious

Well for a start this is a police matter. Nobody has been named. If somebody is named on this forum and they are not guilty you could land yourself, or should I say NSC could be landed in a whole load of hot water.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Del Boy, it's bloody obvious which posters are starting threads with "stoopif" thread titles - their names are at the top you idiot.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Not often I agree with Bozza but on an issue like this hes correct, people just need to STFU. i'M VERY ANTI-CENSORSHIP AS WELL.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't meant to trouble make but didn't you yourself start a thread on this? Something along the lines of 'this is going to be a long thread'? Did you decide it was inappropriate or were you advised to take it down? Genuine question.

I started a thread with the first press report relating to this incident before it had appeared anywhere else. I'll admit that briefly my "I love NSC breaking a story"-self got the better of my "need to be careful"-self and I didn't think through the full implications of a free-for-all open discussion on it. Stupid or naive? Possibly stupidly naive.

Given I, and most of the other mods, have day jobs it quickly became clear that we'd never be able to keep up with discussions. As it was NSC was approaching record usage with c2400 concurrent online users and reported posts were flooding in. Additionally as soon as something is written then that is that - all it takes is a screenshot to be taken and both NSC, and the person who made the posting, could be a whole heap of trouble. And don't believe it won't happen - NSC is under a big microscope when it comes to all Albion matters and don't forget that we 'have form'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just a sugestion? I'm sure it won't be popular, but in the short term, would it not be sensible for NSC to have a 'curfew' & take it offline? From the early hours through to whatever time there is a mod to police things? All it needs is for somebody, whether an Albion fan or not, to fire up their PC's after a night on the slash & start typing a pile of potential libelous crap?

Unless you're going to have a designated night watchman? ???

I'll see at bedtime...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Why is this particular incident not allowed to be discussed, but hundreds of topics with the potential for people to make libellous comments allowed every week? I understand it will get a lot more attention because it's directly related to Brighton, but it does seem an odd decision - does not the responsibility to not say something you'll regret fall to the individual?

Not really complaining - just seems a bit odd. It's also seriously weird seeing the board carrying on as normal and everyone acting as if we haven't been in the news today for entirely unsavoury reasons.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Well for a start this is a police matter. Nobody has been named. If somebody is named on this forum and they are not guilty you could land yourself, or should I say NSC could be landed in a whole load of hot water.

Nail on the head.

Let's just let the police deal with this. How difficult is it for people to understand that?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
There are always people on this board that will try and be clever by naming players or being smart with stoopif thread titles etc and I agree fully with you naming and shaming these tarts. However, the rest of us are capabible of sensible connversations without writing libel, slander, obscenity, incitement to commit a crime, etc.

This is not the first time its been written today......It starts off sensible and ends up stupid silly which = a BINFEST.......
and lots of problems.....there is nothing to discuss anyway...lets just leave it be until it can (maybe) be spoken about on here.

Like MOST on here i do not want NSC closed down for anytime, and because of that I am literally going to be online all night (yes till the morning!!) to make sure no one messes it up!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown
Just a sugestion? I'm sure it won't be popular, but in the short term, would it not be sensible for NSC to have a 'curfew' & take it offline? From the early hours through to whatever time there is a mod to police things? All it needs is for somebody, whether an Albion fan or not, to fire up their PC's after a night on the slash & start typing a pile of potential libelous crap?

Unless you're going to have a designated night watchman? ???

I have already said i will be up all night keeping an eye out for any idiots, none of us want it shut down, so i can assure ANYONE that trys to be clever during the early hours, it will just be a straight life ban!!............

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
:clap::clap:
This is not the first time its been written today......It starts off sensible and ends up stupid silly which = a BINFEST.......
and lots of problems.....there is nothing to discuss anyway...lets just leave it be until it can (maybe) be spoken about on here.

Like MOST on here i do not want NSC closed down for anytime, and because of that I am literally going to be online all night (yes till the morning!!) to make sure no one messes it up!!

OMG Hitony you hero!!!!!:lol:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
bozza just a thought
can NSC not write a disclaimer notice saying the views expressed are the views of the poster only and NSC takes no responsibility for any views expressed on the site
might help if you miss a post or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here