Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Lineker, Micah Richards, Roy Keane, Alan Shearer and Eni Aluko

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
All deserve to be binned immediately. Nauseous nonsense, little personal jokes that no one else is party to. Jeez, they are absolutely awful. and just talk rubbish.

Bet they are being paid a fortune for the month.

Get them out!

Contrast Mark Chapman, Sam Matterface, Clive Tyldesley, Cesc Fabregas and the real start Ally McCoist. All excellent IMHO.

TNBA

TTF

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You got the Marketing role at ITV then. Congratulations !

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My headline wouldn't be quite so salacious but I do think that ITV are doing the best job they've ever done at a major tournament so far. They're PROBABLY still behind the Beeb but credit where it's due

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The list is across ITV and BBC. Both curates egg. Good in parts, but alas sh!te in parts too.

TNBA

TTF
On a more opinionated note, I do find the punditry a bit dumbed down these days. Nigh on unwatchable at times. A good reason why I often watch matches behind. I can fast forward through it or put the pause button on for 15 minutes while making a cuppa.

Thank the Lord for modern TV.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
All deserve to be binned immediately. Nauseous nonsense, little personal jokes that no one else is party to. Jeez, they are absolutely awful. and just talk rubbish.

Get them out!

Contrast Mark Chapman, Sam Matterface, Clive Tyldesley, Cesc Fabregas and the real start Ally McCoist. All excellent IMHO.

TNBA

TTF
I thought this was a serious post and then you mentioned Sam Matterface

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I could listen to fabregas all day

But that's probably because I fancy him rotten

McCoist is great. Just sounds excited to be there.

Lee Dixon is an odd one as he sounds so annoyed to be there whilst the words he says are trying to tell you how good the game is. Yesterday was something like "it's fascinating watching all the battles across the pitch, the Austrians pressing the french ......unfortunately it's all off screen so.....yeah" then he sighed.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Get them out!

TNBA

TTF
I’ve always found them pretty informative and entertaining. Whilst Clive Tyldesley a bit of a clown.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I must add that everyone's favourite Gary looked like he didn't get the dress code the other night in his armchair sweater, the other three were smart for the big occasion. It looked like he couldn't care less. Ian wright was still on form the other night with Gary Neville. The match commentators seem to be part time as they hardly mention names of the players, old boys like me need to know who they are, we don't all have 72 inch TVs. It also makes the game less interesting, don't they want to aspire to be a Motson?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I must add that everyone's favourite Gary looked like he didn't get the dress code the other night in his armchair sweater, the other three were smart for the big occasion. It looked like he couldn't care less. Ian wright was still on form the other night with Gary Neville. The match commentators seem to be part time as they hardly mention names of the players, old boys like me need to know who they are, we don't all have 72 inch TVs. It also makes the game less interesting, don't they want to aspire to be a Motson?
none of them are fit to lace his boots. The great Motty.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London

Get them out!

TNBA

TTF
Hear bloody hear!
Mark Chapman is soooooooo much better than jug ears. He connects and engages rather than look at his script for the next producer's question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here