Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Apart from one Labour flyer and two letters from The Conservative Party MP Karen Bradley (likely to lose to Labour due to Reform?) absolutely nothing no public meetings, knocking on the door or even meeting any canvassers on the High Street, have you found the same ?
Here in Seaford (Lewes constituency) I’ve had…

Labour/other parties: nothing

Tories: a very nice glossy mini-magazine and separate letter in the post from MP Maria “Absent” Caulfield (I’ve literally never seen her, even for easy photo ops such as Bonfire Night)

Lib Dems: one young male canvasser (looked like a student) plus literature, a cheap mini-magazine on printer paper, an introduction letter from James MacCleary, and another letter today with colour pamphlet about MacCleary and policy - all in the post obviously.

In town, I’ve seen numerous Lib Dem signage in windows and on the roadside, but absolutely nothing from either the Tories or Labour.

Lib Dems are going at Seaford hard with the seat already on a knife edge from the previous election.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’re in the very marginal of Brighton Pavilion (Labour v Green). Almost daily political bumph comes through the letterbox, party canvassers have knocked several times. Repeatedly, despite us letting them know our voting intentions early on.

It feels nice to be wanted.

Said this before, voters in Manchester Central or Maldon must get ignored.

All Scottish seats must be interesting, in that 2 or 3 parties have a real chance in every one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a labour poster in my front window. Nobody has knocked on my door. Fancy that.

Had leaflets from everyone apart from Reform.

So, yes leaflets from all the parties.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Mid Sussex.
Labour leaflets in post .
Reform leaflet hand delivered.
Conservative ... Maybe a couple of leaflets?.
Lib Dems leaflets , Facebook requests - would I like to have a window poster ?, I said yes and within 48 hrs I got a home visit from a local councillor who I had an interesting chat with , told him that after the added expenses my daughter incurred after their 2010 capitulation I'm prepared to hold my nose and vote Lib Dem and put a poster up but they better behave themselves if elected locally . It was polite and I think I got my feelings listened too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Flyers from Labour, Lib Dem, Tory, Reform and Green all turned up in one hit today

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Mid Sussex.
Labour leaflets in post .
Reform leaflet hand delivered.
Conservative ... Maybe a couple of leaflets?.
Lib Dems leaflets , Facebook requests - would I like to have a window poster ?, I said yes and within 48 hrs I got a home visit from a local councillor who I had an interesting chat with , told him that after the added expenses my daughter incurred after their 2010 capitulation I'm prepared to hold my nose and vote Lib Dem and put a poster up but they better behave themselves if elected locally . It was polite and I think I got my feelings listened too.
Indeed, Yellows are pushing hard for this one.

Reds not really bothering, hoping for the tactical vote. Even matey over the road a bit has a Yellow board up, and it's a house well north of £1m.
Going to be close in this constituency, still going MRL.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
had leaflets from all the main parties, couple from Liberals.

still notable next to no signs around.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yep Lib Dems certainly going all out for mid Sussex, had about a dozen leaflets from them…none of which with any substance, policies or proof that they actually do anything mind. Still I’m sure all their “winning here” signs will convince some.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Apart from one Labour flyer and two letters from The Conservative Party MP Karen Bradley (likely to lose to Labour due to Reform?) absolutely nothing no public meetings, knocking on the door or even meeting any canvassers on the High Street, have you found the same ?
Not all Constituencies are holding hustings and if they are, not all candidates attend. We had hustings in SW Norfolk which Liz Truss couldn’t be ars8d to attend because she was down the pub ( then said she had to go to a meeting - except nobody has a record of any meeting she attended).

Much of the activity will depend on the individual candidate and also the percentage majorities/who currently holds the seat and whether there’s a realistic chance of beating them. The candidate I am working for, loves knocking on doors ( rather than telephoning) - I used to but I’m happy sitting at home using the phone and doing voter ID work.

Nothing from the Greens, LibDems or Communist Party ( yep we have one of those):
IMG_2002.jpeg

Last edited:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I have a labour poster in my front window. Nobody has knocked on my door. Fancy that.

Had leaflets from everyone apart from Reform.

So, yes leaflets from all the parties.
My labour poster is going down like a lead balloon here in Tory Wadhurst, but the new constituency includes east grinstead, Crowborough and hailsham so I am hopeful

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A few flyers through the letterbox. Nothing more.

The leaders are more interested in show-boating on television.

Although I suppose with such a short campaign period, this is the best way to appeal to the biggest audience.

But if you haven’t been able to make your mind up after 14 years of this rabble, you may as well give up .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here