Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give the ticket offices chaps PRAISE

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
I've got mixed feelings about the club and its ticketing. I do feel sorry for the staff but selling tickets is one of the fundamental things a football club does. Put a team out, and sell tickets for the game. This is what it all boils down to. In all my time being a Brighton fan they have never ever been on top of selling tickets. Going back to the days at the Goldstone in the 80s my season ticket used to have multiple tickets for some games and be missing others. And ever since there have always been problems of some sort. But, as I say, the staff do the best they can and I have a lot of time for that Scottish bloke in the office.

Agreed. The guys I've spoken with in the office have always been first class, I think they've had a raw deal the last few fays. It was fairly obvious that the Villa game was going to cause chaos in the ticket office, especially yesterday, and yet there were still only these 2 guys manning the fort, one having to make extreme efforts to get to work by all accounts. Was it really beyond the realms of possibility to get 2 or 4 extra staff from other areas of the club in to deal with the large numbers of personal and telephone callers? I can't believe no-one in the club said "this guy is struggling to get in, can you go and lend a hand for a while until it all quietens down?" Seems fairly straightforward to me, maybe the MD could have even lent a hand?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I've got mixed feelings about the club and its ticketing. I do feel sorry for the staff but selling tickets is one of the fundamental things a football club does. Put a team out, and sell tickets for the game. This is what it all boils down to. In all my time being a Brighton fan they have never ever been on top of selling tickets. Going back to the days at the Goldstone in the 80s my season ticket used to have multiple tickets for some games and be missing others. And ever since there have always been problems of some sort. But, as I say, the staff do the best they can and I have a lot of time for that Scottish bloke in the office.

Exactly.

Indeed for the *bigger* games - and there isnt that many. One a year or even less - its called HIRING TEMPORARY STAFF (by the day or hour) to cope with demand.

Its not difficult. Really its not.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Exactly.

Indeed for the *bigger* games - and there isnt that many. One a year or even less - its called HIRING TEMPORARY STAFF (by the day or hour) to cope with demand.

But what about when you spend THOUSANDS of ££££ on giving out free Hola Gus t shirts to fans moaning about something else earlier in the year, meaning you cant afford to hire temporary staff :jester:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...and my Villa tickets have just arrived!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to send the ticket office some wine from NSC, and Albion fans in general, for dealing with the last difficult week or so in a calm, efficient and dignified manner.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Pass on Compliments to the ticket staff insider please.

Seconded:clap:

I'm going to send the ticket office some wine from NSC, and Albion fans in general, for dealing with the last difficult week or so in a calm, efficient and dignified manner.

:clap:Great idea. Could we include Insider on this too? By the looks/sounds of things, he has sorted a lot of people's problems out with obtaining tickets.
:cheers:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I think Mr Insider deserves his own special bottle of bubbly for all the help he's given on here, he must be bored shitless answering the same questions over and over again but he carries on regardless!

:thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Exactly.

Temps have to be trained how to deal with the phone system and computer system and also how to deal with the morons that they will come into contact with, when is/was this all meant to occur?
People always think they know how to do something better. The club/ticket office/insider have done a top job (not helped by the weather) but I'm sure learnt some lessons along the way

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Temps have to be trained how to deal with the phone system and computer system and also how to deal with the morons that they will come into contact with, when is/was this all meant to occur?
People always think they know how to do something better. The club/ticket office/insider have done a top job (not helped by the weather) but I'm sure learnt some lessons along the way

So the comment about COUNTING tickets then and allocating correctly to those already booked passed you by.

My ten year old can count. I could give her a list of names and say allocate this batch to these names/numbers.

And I wouldnt have to train her. Oh and she can answer the phone.

I cant because child labour is against the law. But I would employ a fit 18 year old to do it.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Nothing but praise for them i had problem with online system as got through all the ordering process to be told at the end there is a problem wirth your order. Eventually got through by telephone early afternoon to a cheerful polite staff member ( surprising considering the pressure they were under) who resolved it all for me and tickets all ordered. Big well done to all involved its not their fault the system is not up to the job but they most certainly are.:clap:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I think you need to put all this 'walked from Peacehaven' stuff into context. He has a job, and is contractually obliged to come in. Maybe if the ticket office wasn't closed on Saturday the queues wouldn't be as long as what they were yesterday???

Personally I feel sorry for the staff on the ticket office. All the admin staff at the club should be trained how to be backup ticket operators when demands heats up.

In addition to this, I don't think the ticketing system is upto the demands of the club: I know some may comment about there being 'so much demand to buy tickets', but think about the demand for other clubs and sporting events - they tend to cope far better! Maybe a more scalable system should have been invested in by the club.

saintSeagull

Aug 13, 2003
You're totally right Hblocker.

I have emailed three times, faxed once, phoned numerous times (by the way each time giving money to the club) since monday and have had not a single reply.

I was told last wednesday that if I posted my membership application then (which I did) that I should get a ticket for the villa game. Now it looks like I will miss out.

The ticket office staff have always been helpfull and friendly and of course the weather has been a problem but I just don't think football clubs act like real businesses as they rely on fan loyalty.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
When I was in the shop yesterday there were 4 staff behind the counter. Any more and they would need a bigger shop.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I cant believe how many people went into the shop asking if Villa tickets were sold out despite 3 big signs on the desk saying ASTON VILLA TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT

"but can i get one next week"

Also Paul wasnt there (I think he was pulling people out the wreckage in Haiti or something) but Chris was in there doing a sterling job whilst doing one armed push ups and answering the phone to someone who only spoke French

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here