Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd be interested in folk's opinion as to who could do the 'legends' slot justice anymore? We've lost so many and a lot are way past it.
Has to be a solo performer, rather than a band, and I'm genuinely struggling to think of anyone.
John Fogerty maybe, but I'm struggling too.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Steve Winwood could possibly do a job....and it would be great if Eric Burdon was up to it, too.
But yes, it's a struggle.

Neil Young?
Not my thing but Billy Joel has the hits and status.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really really hard to hate Coldplay. If you must have to have a biggest band on the planet I want something just like this
A latterday U2 without Bono.?

(Confession time. I really liked Keane when they released Under the Iron Sea. Mrs T won't let me play it when she's in the house.)

Right football becons :thumbsup:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Happy to be shot down (again), but is Shania Twain sounding awful? Also, should she really be a 'legend'?
(I still would, though...all things considered.)
Her voice is shot, sadly (as she used to be a serious singer). Maybe as someone said earlier, Lyme disease took its toll. Jolly show though

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Her voice is shot, sadly (as she used to be a serious singer). Maybe as someone said earlier, Lyme disease took its toll. Jolly show though
Maybe so, which would be awful, but I don't think her body of work deserved that particular slot.
Her body though....damn fine for someone who's almost 60....and she knows it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here