Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray..

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Wigan had at least half of their 1st team out last night so you can't use that excuse! It was because Palace played so well which made Wigan look poor and we stopped them from causing any threat they may have been.

Murray's performance was as good as what people are saying, he was truly outstanding, it was a performance you would want to see from any of your strikers, he done everything and beyond and showed his true class, he truly deserved a goal last night for his efforts hitting the bar and post with chances, he is an outstanding player and i know you will continue to have the debate saying you prefer CMS but i still believe it was a top class signing by Freedman to get him.

The only sour note was right at the end of the match he did fall awkwardly and seemed to be in a bit of discomfort, he did walk off ok so hopefully nothing to serious but there have been some scaremongerers on our site saying he is out for 3 months which i think is untrue, Dougie made no mention of it in the post match press conference despite talking about Murray at length in it. He clearly did take a knock but would imagine they were waiting untill this morning to assess if there was any damage done.
im sure you all want to see Murray play at the Amex just as much as the Palace fans do!

I've never doubted his class - he just obviously didn't fit in with Poyet's plans and doesn't appear to have been a popular figure amongst the players. We certainly aren't missing him and you guys will get some class performances out of him. Just how often you see them is the big question as he will switch off, get silly red cards and pick up a few knocks.

From the sounds of his injury last night, looks like that could be his way of backing out of the Brighton game already!

I just heard on SSN that there were 4 or 5 people playing their first games of the season as well as some who have come off the bench in league games?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray going to Palace, them having a reasonable start to the season, us having Falmer and starting brilliantly is great as it re-ignites the rivalry beautifully. I'll bet there are loads of younger fans who now starting to get what this rather weird rivalry is all about, having not been able to get into it at all before. Makes the 27th even better imo that we are fairly evenly matched again, gonna be tense, noisey and I'm going for rather unsatisfactory draw :thumbsup:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
what this rather weird rivalry is all about, :

What is weird about it,.... its a rivalry, they are our closest team........ isn't that the normal way of rivalries,......

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We didn't just beat them, we f***ing destroyed them! Are you getting a bit worried about the 27th?

Simply, Nope

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for Glenn Murray. Love, SE25. :thumbsup:

Murray is class WHEN HE CAN BE ARSED. When he's 'on one' he is a fantastic player. That said, there will be times (especially if you have a string of defeats) when he will go quiet, stop chasing down balls and just HIDE. That's what he does.

I was gutted when he left, because Gus got the best out of him. If your manager is as good as Gus and you win as many games as we did last season, you might get the same... But I don't think your manager is anywhere near as good as Gus... and you certainly won't win as many games as we did last season.

He'll score against us at the Amex for sure though, because he'll be motivated and driven and chase everything (like CMS except he does it EVERY game).. He'll also celebrate infront of the Brighton fans, because that's the kind of player he is.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He undoubtedly will have a few exciting performances for you. But he will also have some really frustrating games where he looks completely uninterested. As for the Murray v CMS debate, Murray can be a good player, but on his day CMS is unplayable.

We enjoyed our win against Sunderland, as much as you are enjoying your win against Wigan, but we all know these are just warm up's, ready for the 27th.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Barnes has scored 4 league goals ALREADY this season. What's Murray done?

Played two full games, and a couple of subs. In that time he has an assist, a goal, a match changing performance vs Blackpool and was Man of the Match last night agains't a Premier League side.

:wave:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You should be.
I am not certain where you get your optimism geezer!!!... we have played 8 games this season, won 7 and drawn 1,... conceding just 4 goals, one of those games against a FULL STRENGTH Sunderland team.......... I would say it is going to be a challenge for you guys coming to the Amex, plus we have a couple of injury returnees ( Hoskins and Buckley), and a possible appearance by Mr Rodriguez....... as always in any game, any result is possible,.... but in the real world, the odds are stacked against you Saaarrrff Laaandoners.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would suggest he would, he has been totally outstanding for us. He offers more than Barnes or Hoskins ever could IMO.

Barnes has scored 4 league goals ALREADY this season. What's Murray done?

Hoskins has played 10 minutes this season and scored the same number of goals as Murray. Barnes already has 4 times Murray so you've embarrassed yourself there

5 Zero - your response to this please?

I cant believe anyone would actually seriously argue they would rather have Murray than CMS (99% of Brighton fans would have told you they would have rather had CMS than Murray last year when he was banging them in for Peterborough) so we can forget that one. But Barnes and Hoskins? Barnes has 4 already, Hoskins has hardly played but has still scored. It's an interesting one but from what I've seen so far I'd rather have Barnes or Hoskins, especially as they seem to actualy enjoy playing football and don't upset the squad morale. Gus certainly thinks so as well, or he would have kept Murray.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Wigan had at least half of their 1st team out last night so you can't use that excuse! It was because Palace played so well which made Wigan look poor and we stopped them from causing any threat they may have been.

Murray's performance was as good as what people are saying, he was truly outstanding, it was a performance you would want to see from any of your strikers, he done everything and beyond and showed his true class, he truly deserved a goal last night for his efforts hitting the bar and post with chances, he is an outstanding player and i know you will continue to have the debate saying you prefer CMS but i still believe it was a top class signing by Freedman to get him.

you all want to see Murray play at the Amex just as much as the Palace fans do!The only sour note was right at the end of the match he did fall awkwardly and seemed to be in a bit of discomfort, he did walk off ok so hopefully nothing to serious but there have been some scaremongerers on our site saying he is out for 3 months which i think is untrue, Dougie made no mention of it in the post match press conference despite talking about Murray at length in it. He clearly did take a knock but would imagine they were waiting untill this morning to assess if there was any damage done.
im sure

Did he throw himself on the floor looking for a non-existent foul perchance? Serves him right if he injured himself, although at least he has a convenient excuse now to avoid running the gauntlet on the 27th. I wouldn't be surprised if the moody FLAKE isn't within 200 miles of the stadium on the day. He'll probably be (reluctantly) spending a couple of his 30 pieces of silver on orange juice - as he sits on his own in a some dreary northern motorway services. :wave:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
5 Zero - your response to this please?

I cant believe anyone would actually seriously argue they would rather have Murray than CMS (99% of Brighton fans would have told you they would have rather had CMS than Murray last year when he was banging them in for Peterborough) so we can forget that one. But Barnes and Hoskins? Barnes has 4 already, Hoskins has hardly played but has still scored. It's an interesting one but from what I've seen so far I'd rather have Barnes or Hoskins, especially as they seem to actualy enjoy playing football and don't upset the squad morale. Gus certainly thinks so as well, or he would have kept Murray.

Murray offers more than just goals. Hold up play, aerial ablity, great at defending set plays etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here