Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus favourite for Swansea job

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
Couldn't agree more with you,just made me laugh that it was your first post.I think there is a good chance that what you fear could happen,be even worse if he takes Vicente with him.

That's what I've been thinking and dreading. The only thing that makes me feel a bit better is knowing that Mr Bloom is one of us and has our club at heart. In Bloom I trust :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I don't understand why so many posters are getting their knickers in a twist? When Gus goes BHA will bring in a suitable replacement to continue, and ultimately achieve TB's ambitions anyway.

To my mind Gus's style of football hardly set the division on fire last season... Whether he blames that on the playing staff or not, in the main I didn't find it that attractive to watch! Vicente was the only player that got me on the edge of my seat and I don't think Gus had a lot to do with his tactical nous, did he?

Maybe I'm in the minority but I for one won't be to upset if he moves to Swansea or any other top flight club and I don't believe he has earned the right to a Prem job, yet!

In saying that, I would love to see him stay and take us up but I'm not convinced that he has the ability to do so.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Most sensible thing said on here. Holloway is a manager who has charisma and has more than proved he can handle the pressure of the PL. if you were the chairman of Swansea who would you choose? Gus or Holloway......I know who my choice would be

Gus or Holloway?......If I was chairman of Brighton I know who my choice would be as well. At least we might see some goals and get some laughs out of the man.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I doubt Swansea are the team for Gus, if they are then we have a gloomy future as I would have expected us to be higher than them in 5 years time and if Gus doesn't then he may know something we don't about behind the scenes.

Gus has purchased some very talented players including youngsters and I'd guess it's with the promise of Premiership football soon and a chance for them to be a part of our history

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I don't understand why so many posters are getting their knickers in a twist? When Gus goes BHA will bring in a suitable replacement to continue, and ultimately achieve TB's ambitions anyway.

To my mind Gus's style of football hardly set the division on fire last season... Whether he blames that on the playing staff or not, in the main I didn't find it that attractive to watch! Vicente was the only player that got me on the edge of my seat and I don't think Gus had a lot to do with his tactical nous, did he?

Maybe I'm in the minority but I for one won't be to upset if he moves to Swansea or any other top flight club and I don't believe he has earned the right to a Prem job, yet!

In saying that, I would love to see him stay and take us up but I'm not convinced that he has the ability to do so.

Pretty much sums it up for me

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I havent read through all 8 pages but has anyone mentioned that they turned him down a couple of years back when he applied for the job ? I would like to think Gus would say "you no want me then, you no get me now"

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Has he said he is leaving?...nah...why worry about speculation when nothing remotely has happened apart from a lot of chat and some bookies who i am afraid don't hav a gd record on setting odds on future managers
No but he keeps hinting about moving on,i get the feeling his ego is getting bigger by the month,weird as in my eyes he's achieved sweet fa at the moment.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Can't see Gus going to Swansea at all. Or Wigan.

But if he does he needs to go quick so we can HIJACK the Rangnick to West Brom negotiations :drink: :drink::drink: *wink*

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I havent read through all 8 pages but has anyone mentioned that they turned him down a couple of years back when he applied for the job ? I would like to think Gus would say "you no want me then, you no get me now"

That has been mentioned and said that was irrelevant as to what would happen now but I disagree I am with you.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

It was mentioned but if i remember the response was if you think like that with Swansea in the position they are, you must be a f***ing idiot !! ( not you mate)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

You are very, very hard to please and HOPEFULLY in a massive minority with that quote. Buckley KLL Nooney CMS not get you on the edge of seat at times?! Jesus.

Byrne & Small

Oct 25, 2010
Burgess hill
Most people seem to think Gus would go to Swansea. can someone tell me what experience he has in the top league. I would be sure that a short list would be made by Swansea. Take one look at Gus's CV and no experience in the top level. I would think Swansea's main aim now would be to stay in the PL at all costs, therefore would look for a manager with experience. It will be a tough season for Swansea

Well Said!!!:clap2:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

like.jpg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In TB WE TRUST!!!!!!! :bowdown:

I'd be 99% sure that now as we speculate, Bloom has already been at work, tasking others to identify potential replacements, should Poyet decide to leave. Bloom seems pretty meticulous and forward thinking, and he'll be well ahead of all this imho

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You are very, very hard to please and HOPEFULLY in a massive minority with that quote. Buckley KLL Nooney CMS not get you on the edge of seat at times?! Jesus.

I'm with [MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION] ... yes at times those players had me on the edge of my seat but aside from Ipswich, SCC and Derby we were mostly pretty pedestrian lacking in power and pace. I think our league pos flattered. Not sure it was all about players, some odd selections and odd tactical choices .. only a view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here