Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus needs help..

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Wise is indeed the answer if the question is 'who could we recruit to add little to the backroom staff and wind up half the supporters?'

D

Deleted member 18477

Okay so everyone saw the Liverpool game on tv and knows how we play, gus is claiming "we're back, brighton are back", he has never been in this situation as a football manager, he's worried and inexperienced.

His style of play and tactics are so naive and basic. All he has taught the players to do is pass the ball to eachother, there is alot more to football than that. First rule in football is to try keep the ball, yes i agree! they cant defend, they play so open that its so easy for the other team, they just wait for us to do a bad pass and then capitalise on it.

We have our one and only tactic, which is to keep the ball at the back and through midfield and make it look like we're outplaying teams! If we have 79% possession and we still cant have a clear cut chance? how is that branded good football?

Im not blaming poyet, he is very new to management and has alot to learn.

BUT..

He desperately needs help with coaches and backroom staff if he wants to take albion to the next level!

p.s Dennis Wise to help coach one thinks! :bigwave:

IF serious... Gus is trying to create a footballing style, something that makes Brighton stand out from the norm, a style that ALL levels of Brighton football club follow - first team, reserves, youth team etc. The clear cut chances will come when we progress and sign better players and when the style of football becomes second nature. In Gus we trust. It wont happen overnight but i strongly believe Gus can do this club and all of us proud. On the budget he's had since arriving he's done remarkably well! It's amazing to think that this time last year Bridcutt was a free transfer who arguably now is worth 3 million in todays market. Gus has got the best out of players by really going back to basics (easier said than done). CMS said it, Harper said it... 'The manager made me feel WANTED', 'he was enthusiastic about the way he wants his team to play', 'he made me feel excited' and guess what? they jumped on the gus bus for the ride! It can only get better in the next few years! Be patient...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Wise is indeed the answer if the question is 'who could we recruit to add little to the backroom staff and wind up half the supporters?'

Maybe, but I for one would be pleased to have him at the AMEX. Some of his aggression and determination is exactly what most of our players need to develop.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
@Hotchillidog - what is a WUM?

HISTORY OF THE WUM
SUNDAY, 4 MAY 2008
The Meaning and History behind the WUM
The truth behind the WUM (acronym of Wind-Up Merchant).
The year was 1542 and King Henry VIII of England had just eaten the Merchant of Venice(famous for being the last of the merchants). They were all devoured because Henry blamed them for the rising price of feathers(he obviously hadn't heard of inflation!).
Around 300 years later during the Victorian era(shortly after the industrial revolution), Great Britain was in chaos. The mighty British empire had conquered almost two thirds of Wales meaning a huge amount of new and exciting material(and slaves) were ready to be traded. But unfortunately there were no merchants left to buy and sell for the uneducated nation. So Queen Vic put up a 0.000001 Shilling reward for the first person to find a solution. The response was huge, and a brilliant scientist named Albert Heenan came up with a solution; using simple mechanics he fashioned a wind-up toy capable of calculating prices(taking into account fluctuating interest rates), adding VAT and speak in over 11,000 different languages. He called his brain child a Wind-Up Merchant(or WUM). The race was won and the Queen ordered for production to begin straight away. But only hours prior to the start of mass production a factory worker named Moreen Sherwood fell into the huge pool of molten metal which the merchants were to be crafted from. No one noticed and so production began, but the newly Knighted Sir Albert Heenan quickly noticed something was wrong!
He asked one of the merchants how much it would cost to buy 4 French housemaids?
The merchant replied; Why would you want to buy dirty French maids, you can’t clean houses with that rubbish, sorry you have to buy English ones!
Sir Albert; What are you talking about! An English maid costs five times more, doesn’t work as hard and talks to other house owners behind your back!
The merchant; No they are English…1Sir Albert; So what, that makes no difference!
The merchant; Yes it does, they are better because they’re English!..
Sir Albert; Oh no what have I done, I’ve created an illogical monster!!!
Albert quickly stopped production, but the damage was already done and over 1000 Wind-Up Merchants had escaped. Sir Albert couldn’t handle his mistake and threw himself down a well never to be seen again…
The Queen tried her best to cover up this incident and ordered all WUM’s to be destroyed unfortunately most escaped and laid dormant for over a century in the sewers of Croydon,Manchester, Liverpool, east London and “the White part of North London”. But almost by magic all the WUMs left the sewers at the same time and hid in spare rooms of council flats owned by unsuspecting single mothers of 14 (due to the size of these families, the mothers didn’t actually notice that there was one more mouth to feed).1Now the WUM’s can be found trawling through football forums, living a life of solitude and celibacy trying to be funny and get across their illogical point of view...

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I honestly don't know how much longer I can be bothered with this place. It seems like 90% of the people on here are complete retards, and no nothing about football.

What happened? It never used to be like this.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Okay so everyone saw the Liverpool game on tv and knows how we play, gus is claiming "we're back, brighton are back", he has never been in this situation as a football manager, he's worried and inexperienced.

His style of play and tactics are so naive and basic. All he has taught the players to do is pass the ball to eachother, there is alot more to football than that. First rule in football is to try keep the ball, yes i agree! they cant defend, they play so open that its so easy for the other team, they just wait for us to do a bad pass and then capitalise on it.

We have our one and only tactic, which is to keep the ball at the back and through midfield and make it look like we're outplaying teams! If we have 79% possession and we still cant have a clear cut chance? how is that branded good football?

Im not blaming poyet, he is very new to management and has alot to learn.

BUT..

He desperately needs help with coaches and backroom staff if he wants to take albion to the next level!

p.s Dennis Wise to help coach one thinks! :bigwave:

Who stormed league one last year? Not an easy division.

Who outplayed and outwitted Sunderland and Liverpool recently?

We are in a transition period.

And thanks for your knowledge and experience but I think I'll trust in Gus for a while yet...

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We NEED a TRIED and TESTED ENGLISH manager like SEVEN and his MATE Becks as his ASSISTENT x

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
HISTORY OF THE WUM
SUNDAY, 4 MAY 2008
The Meaning and History behind the WUM
The truth behind the WUM (acronym of Wind-Up Merchant).
The year was 1542 and King Henry VIII of England had just eaten the Merchant of Venice(famous for being the last of the merchants). They were all devoured because Henry blamed them for the rising price of feathers(he obviously hadn't heard of inflation!).
Around 300 years later during the Victorian era(shortly after the industrial revolution), Great Britain was in chaos. The mighty British empire had conquered almost two thirds of Wales meaning a huge amount of new and exciting material(and slaves) were ready to be traded. But unfortunately there were no merchants left to buy and sell for the uneducated nation. So Queen Vic put up a 0.000001 Shilling reward for the first person to find a solution. The response was huge, and a brilliant scientist named Albert Heenan came up with a solution; using simple mechanics he fashioned a wind-up toy capable of calculating prices(taking into account fluctuating interest rates), adding VAT and speak in over 11,000 different languages. He called his brain child a Wind-Up Merchant(or WUM). The race was won and the Queen ordered for production to begin straight away. But only hours prior to the start of mass production a factory worker named Moreen Sherwood fell into the huge pool of molten metal which the merchants were to be crafted from. No one noticed and so production began, but the newly Knighted Sir Albert Heenan quickly noticed something was wrong!
He asked one of the merchants how much it would cost to buy 4 French housemaids?
The merchant replied; Why would you want to buy dirty French maids, you can’t clean houses with that rubbish, sorry you have to buy English ones!
Sir Albert; What are you talking about! An English maid costs five times more, doesn’t work as hard and talks to other house owners behind your back!
The merchant; No they are English…1Sir Albert; So what, that makes no difference!
The merchant; Yes it does, they are better because they’re English!..
Sir Albert; Oh no what have I done, I’ve created an illogical monster!!!
Albert quickly stopped production, but the damage was already done and over 1000 Wind-Up Merchants had escaped. Sir Albert couldn’t handle his mistake and threw himself down a well never to be seen again…
The Queen tried her best to cover up this incident and ordered all WUM’s to be destroyed unfortunately most escaped and laid dormant for over a century in the sewers of Crodon,Manchester, Liverpool, east London and “the White part of North London”. But almost by magic all the WUMs left the sewers at the same time and hid in spare rooms of council flats owned by unsuspecting single mothers of 14 (due to the size of these families, the mothers didn’t actually notice that there was one more mouth to feed).1Now the WUM’s can be found trawling through football forums, living a life of solitude and celibacy trying to be funny and get across their illogical point of view...

well done sir , i wish i could be arsed to post alike but alas i feel clever humour and /or sarcasm and razor like whit are sadly lost on most of the impatient , petulant bell-ends who have found their way to this board.....your post however deserves a modicum of recognition and praise as it is a worthwhile attempt to bring to the attention of such members that they have ,in fact,not much of a f***ing clue in general matters of modern day stuff ...innit.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I have to be honest , the WUM thing I found and unfortunatly never wrote, had it save on my computer for year or so, I was just waiting for that moment to whip it out and finaly that moment has come

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I honestly don't know how much longer I can be bothered with this place. It seems like 90% of the people on here are complete retards, and no nothing about football.

What happened? It never used to be like this.

I'm with you mate.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
goofball
View Profile
View Forum Posts

Join Date Aug 2011

JCL :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I rekon we need a sin bin forum for these dickheads

It'll need to be a massive sin bin to accommodate them all. Where the f*** have they all come from? Has Care In The Community recently acquired a shed load of computers and distributed them to the intellectually challenged?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here