Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Rightio mate.
Then Hamas would immediately give all the hostages back & stop killing Jews forever?
Brilliant
Ideally! It would be good if Israeli forces stopped killing Palestinians forever too but you know unless there is a sustained peace plan that includes a two state solution that’s not going to happen. Israel and Palestinians will continue to live in deadly conflict.

As long as the Israeli Government continues to pursue a programme of Settlements in the West Bank (and embark on their desired aim to resettle in Gaza after the war) and as long as Gazans are kept under tight blockade in appalling humanitarian conditions on the brink of starvation with no civil or social freedoms, the killing, mostly borne of fear and radicalism on both sides will continue.

The 7 October Massacre and what has followed, is taking place in a long history of conflict (as we all know) that has been going on at least since 1948 but when referring to who is being killed in this continuing conflict, lets’s look at the also at the Palestinian casualties compared to Israeli casualties since 2008 excluding the 7/10 and excluding the current violence:

PALESTINIAN CASUALTIES Since 2008 : 6,926

IMG_1117.jpeg

ISRAELI CASUALTIES SINCE 2008 : 327

IMG_1118.jpeg

Add these to

ISRAELI CASUALTIES: Since 7 October 2023 - 1,493 (including IDF in Gaza )
PALESTINIAN CASUALTIES: Since 7 October 2023 - 36,284 (including 60% women, children and elderly)

IMG_1119.jpeg

TOTAL PALESTINIANS KILLED since 2008: 43,210

TOTAL ISRAELIS KILLED since 2008 : 1,820

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Israel doing what they do, crack on, disgusting again, two wrongs never make a right.

Israel is only able to "crack on" because of the supplies of arms and munitions from the US and UK. The UK government must NOT sign any further arms export licences and must tear up any already signed. We cannot continue to support / prop up the facist right-wing government of the State of Israel which continues to enact its genocide in Palestine.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I was responding to abuse & mockery.
Keep up.
Why are you so obsessed with me praying? Do you think prayer helps?
Are you praying?

Ah, so all your mocking laughter and support of Israel has been without prayer.
Even after all this carnage destruction and suffering.
Yes I do believe prayer helps. I would think that the Jewish nation has been and will be praying.
As have and will be Palestinians and Gazans.
And people of all faiths for peace, understanding and wisdom.

Not so sure about Zionists though.
Or trolls.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Great news for Israeli families!

Four hostages rescued and “in good condition” - Whatever we think of the Israeli Government‘s actions in Gaza, innocent Israeli citizens do not deserve to die or be kept captive by terrorists so they deserve this “win” - in fact, the first bit of genuinely good news for Israeli citizens for months imo.

The only downside is that Netanyahu will use the success of the rescue mission/raid to justify ( to all those Israeli families protesting to end the war because it won’t save the hostages) continuing his cruel bombardment of refugee camps in Gaza.

Edit - to clarify - ‘the only downside’ meaning for for those Israelis wanting the war to end - obviously I’m not referring to the Palestinians that die from the continuing raids on the refugee camps or that died during the attacks on the refugee camp where they were found..

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Great news!

Four hostages rescued and “in good condition” - Whatever we think of the Israeli Government‘s actions in Gaza, innocent Israeli citizens do not deserve to die or be kept captive by terrorists so they deserve this “win” - in fact, the first bit of genuinely good news for Israeli citizens for months imo.

The only downside is that Netanyahu will use the success of the rescue mission/raid to justify ( to all those Israeli families protesting to end the war because it won’t save the hostages) continuing his cruel bombardment of refugee camps in Gaza.

The only downside? "Many people, including children, have been killed and injured in the area where the operation took place, with images and footage showing significant numbers of casualties". (BBC report). Yes, let us rejoice.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The only downside? "Many people, including children, have been killed and injured in the area where the operation took place, with images and footage showing significant numbers of casualties". (BBC report). Yes, let us rejoice.
Completely and deliberately took my words out of context - I was referring to the downside for Israeli families who have been protesting for Netanyahu to end the war.

I really don’t need to be fcuking reminded thank you that these raids on refugee camps are killing scores of innocent children and women so direct your moral outrage in a different direction please. 😡

Read the room next time.

Oh and read some of the hundreds of posts of me posting my feelings about the death of thousands of innocent civilians in Gaza before posting sarcastic shit trying to make it sound I’m oblivious to their suffering. How dare you jump into a thread you have barely commented on and start moralising to me about Israeli forces killing children when I’ve been consistently highlighting their plight for nearly 9 months on here?

The rescue is good news for Israelis especially those families who have hostages held in Gaza - those young people that were massacred and abducted from Israel on 7 October were innocent too. (Unless you are so polarised and anti-Jewish in your thinking, you don’t think it’s good news that any innocent Jewish people have been rescued from their months of captivity by Hamas?)

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be fair to the IDF, they only killed 94 Palestinians this time so it’s one of their more surgical and less bloody operations in Gaza

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
To be fair to the IDF, they only killed 94 Palestinians this time so it’s one of their more surgical and less bloody operations in Gaza

It’s horrific the number of people dying daily and these latest attacks in which the hostages were rescued is one of the most deadly in recent months.

I understand that the hostages were located by US hostage search personnel and directed the Israeli rescue party to them so they had a good idea where they were - However, the rescue happened under heavy fighting under a brutal attack on the Nuseirat Refugee Camp where the hostages were located - which is a wide area - so maybe a large number of the Palestinians that died, did so in the general attacks rather than the actual hostage attempt itself even though those attacks were carried out under the auspices of a ‘rescue’. It sounds like Israel was using the rescue as a cover for widespread indiscriminate killing and now Netanyahu will have his justification for continuing the war..

But that doesn’t make it OK that ”94” Palestinians were killed in the fighting whatever the motives. The IDF have been attacking refugee camps, bombing them and carrying out ground raids since last October.

In fact the death toll from the raids on the Nuseirat refugee camp and surrounding areas is reported to have risen to 210 with 400 injured 😡

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
If the hostages had been released unharmed then it wouldn't have been necessary for them to have been rescued , not rocket science is it

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Completely and deliberately took my words out of context - I was referring to the downside for Israeli families who have been protesting for Netanyahu to end the war.

I really don’t need to be fcuking reminded thank you that these raids on refugee camps are killing scores of innocent children and women so direct your moral outrage in a different direction please. 😡

Read the room next time.

Oh and read some of the hundreds of posts of me posting my feelings about the death of thousands of innocent civilians in Gaza before posting sarcastic shit trying to make it sound I’m oblivious to their suffering. How dare you jump into a thread you have barely commented on and start moralising to me about Israeli forces killing children when I’ve been consistently highlighting their plight for nearly 9 months on here?

The rescue is good news for Israelis especially those families who have hostages held in Gaza - those young people that were massacred and abducted from Israel on 7 October were innocent too. (Unless you are so polarised and anti-Jewish in your thinking, you don’t think it’s good news that any innocent Jewish people have been rescued from their months of captivity by Hamas?)

I didn't like your wording, wasn't a personal attack on you just your words (aren't you one of the posters that say play the ball not the man?), so apols if that upset you. Sick of the IDF and their leadership. Glad that 4 innocent Israelis were saved, don't consider the huge death toll (including children) to go get them justifiable. As for "how dare you jump into a thread" etc, well, my only response to that would end in ... off.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Everything about this conflict is horrendous and innocents will only stop dying when a John Major/Mo Mowlam finds a way of bringing both sides to the peace table. In the meantime there is not a single aspect of this saga to 'rejoice' about. I get much of my limited 'knowledge' on the history from a half British/half Israeli friend who fundamentally believes that Israel has treated Palestinians appallingly for decades and whilst not defending it in any way, believes the original Hamas atrocity was inevitable as a result and that sits squarely with Israel. She also believes that Hamas would have expected he severity of the Israeli response. Its a tragic mess and there are very few 'rights' and far too many 'wrongs' on both sides.

However, I believe the blame for the death of the innocents with this (and only this) particular operation sits squarely with Hamas. They took the hostages and the refusal to release them would inevitably lead to a rescue mission. If there was a situation somewhere when British citizens were taken hostage we would expect the SAS to be sent in if there was no hope of release. If Hamas had not taken the hostages in the first place, or had held them somewhere away from civilians, then no innocents would have been killed.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Not sure why you would raise this question ? Everyone has condemned Hamas and the murder they carried out. It doesn't excuse Israel for the 1000's in murdered in retaliation nor the actions of illegal Israeli settlers in the West Bank recently. The IDF and the Israeli government are no better than Hamas.
I think this one of the more balanced posts on this thread. Peace will only ever be possible when everyone on both sides of the argument basically understands and accepts what you have written. It was this acceptance that made peace in NI possible.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here