Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hart, Fraser or Loft

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
i like fraser and because he isnt quite a league 1 starter when he is NINETEEN doesnt make him crap. but i cant see why OGH is not getting in the team when we need to battle for points because he is such a handy player to have in the 16.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Hart is by far the best out of those three, but Wilkins clearly has something against him. Fraser has potential but like all are young players (Robinson, Cox etc) just seems to be too light weight. Doug Loft is just f***ing gash.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I watched nearly every home game of the youth team last season and not once did I see Fraser play on the right. Its the one thing that really makes me question Wilkins. The guy is a great dynamic centre midfielder.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fraser. Ok, I'm biased but he's in his first season (and at the start he wasn't expecting to have played a tenth of the number of games he has) and as Les said he's been played out of position. Ok he hasn't pulled up any trees but he's not the weakest link.

I would say give him time and play him in his best position. But, hey, this is NSC so let's just say he's crap shall we?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We need Hart and Fraser (one to play and one in the reserves/bench). Loft should go.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I agree with Brovian. I have only seen Fraser a couple of times - but I was impressed. We have to keep him. I have seen Loft play for the reserves once - and he looked ok at that level - so I can't say. As for OGH - he has been great for the Albion - but sometimes clubs and players need a change. Sad - but there it is.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Good learning curve for Fraser to get first team experience on the right.

He'll grow into a good player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
First, please excuse me for posting anything rational, but here is the situation as I see it.

Fraser.

By all accounts Fraser is a genuine prospect as a holding midfielder. He is still a teenager. Had he played all of this season in the youth / reserves, you would be talking of him as an exciting prospect, rather than a failed right winger, and would consider it madness to let him go anywhere. Add to that, despite the wild figures thrown around on here, the wages of a first year pro at league 1 level, are not at all high, so keeping him for 2 more years to allow him to progress is very low risk.

Hart

I do believe that there is truth in the 'one more game triggers a contract clause' theory. Yorkie even states that Gary has told her this himself. This however does NOT mean that the club intend to let him go, neccessarily. It means they do not want their hand forced with regards to the terms of a new deal. Once the current contract expires I think they will sit down with him and negotiate a new one.*

Loft

Clearly has some talent, but has not yet convinced, though he is in his first year of pro football and by all accounts is pulling up trees at reserve level at the moment. If this counts for nothing at all, then lets disband the reserve team tomorrow. Like Fraser he will be on very low wages, so another year is little risk.

*The same may well be true of FDM, but I think the discrepancy between his current wage, and what the club will offer him will be insurmountable.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
hans kraay fan club said:
First, please excuse me for posting anything rational, but here is the situation as I see it.

Fraser.

By all accounts Fraser is a genuine prospect as a holding midfielder. He is still a teenager. Had he played all of this season in the youth / reserves, you would be talking of him as an exciting prospect, rather than a failed right winger, and would consider it madness to let him go anywhere. Add to that, despite the wild figures thrown around on here, the wages of a first year pro at league 1 level, are not at all high, so keeping him for 2 more years to allow him to progress is very low risk.

Hart

I do believe that there is truth in the 'one more game triggers a contract clause' theory. Yorkie even states that Gary has told her this himself. This however does NOT mean that the club intend to let him go, neccessarily. It means they do not want their hand forced with regards to the terms of a new deal. Once the current contract expires I think they will sit down with him and negotiate a new one.*

Loft

Clearly has some talent, but has not yet convinced, though he is in his first year of pro football and by all accounts is pulling up trees at reserve level at the moment. If this counts for nothing at all, then lets disband the reserve team tomorrow. Like Fraser he will be on very low wages, so another year is little risk.

*The same may well be true of FDM, but I think the discrepancy between his current wage, and what the club will offer him will be insurmountable.

Hear hear

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think when we had Whing getting down the line from right back Fraser was perfect because he tucked inside helping the central pair out and allowed Whing to overlap.

Since Whing has gone and we have lacked a marauding right back Fraser's lack of width has been shown up which you can hardly blame him for as he is a central midfielder.

Get the right sort of full-back in and I think Fraser would be the best bet.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
hans kraay fan club said:

Fraser.

Hart

Loft

I do wish you would stop coming on here with your well thought out & cogent arguments!

Its about time that you learnt to rely on rumours, lies and hysterical overreaction like the rest of us.

Boo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here